Borne Wild Vigor growing mold - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
lipadj46
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgate View Post
Has anybody written the company yet? complaining on a forum is always nice in a misery loves company sort of thing, but it doesn't 'fix' anything. Somebody needs to tell the company and ask what's going on.
You seem to be a man of action, the sort of man (or woman) who knows best so i nominate you to be our liaison to borneo wild. In the mean time we will be here wallowing in our misery awaiting your report lol!
lipadj46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #17
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (66/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
You seem to be a man of action, the sort of man (or woman) who knows best so i nominate you to be our liaison to borneo wild. In the mean time we will be here wallowing in our misery awaiting your report lol!

Haha, nice try. I don't use the product so have nothing to complain about. I have a sample of it here and it's not white that's all I can tell you. But when I buy a product and something goes wrong with it I go straight to the source. They are going to need manufacturer/batch #s if available and know when you bought it and where you bought it from more than likely. That way they can pinpoint the batch and figure out where the problems are. That's something that everyone having a problem is going to need to do, not just one person. And yeah, companies won't know there is a problem if nobody speaks up. That goes with ANYTHING, not just shrimp products.

Heck email them and point them to the thread and say there is a discussion about a product problem.
ravensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash

Quote:
Haha, nice try. I don't use the product so have nothing to complain about. I have a sample of it here and it's not white that's all I can tell you. But when I buy a product and something goes wrong with it I go straight to the source. They are going to need manufacturer/batch #s if available and know when you bought it and where you bought it from more than likely. That way they can pinpoint the batch and figure out where the problems are. That's something that everyone having a problem is going to need to do, not just one person. And yeah, companies won't know there is a problem if nobody speaks up. That goes with ANYTHING, not just shrimp products.

Heck email them and point them to the thread and say there is a discussion about a product problem.
I would, but we're trying to figure out if there's a problem in the first place!
cprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprash View Post
I would, but we're trying to figure out if there's a problem in the first place!

Exactly, but wouldn't it make more sense to email the company and ask if the product is supposed to be like that? I would assume if the product was supposed to go moldy upon opening that would be on the bottle to prevent discussions like this from happening. I know right now this discussion is hurting their business because I'm about to place a big order for some food and supplements and I'm not going to order this product (which was on my list) because I don't want mold in my house. In a container or otherwise.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

I just emailed them with a link to this thread and also asking directly on the product. So you all can continue to wallow in your own misery now and I will report back when I get a response LOL!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)

I think I've used every single product from borneo wild except Vital and Vigor. Good thing that I stumbled upon this thread.
hedge_fund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #22
randyl
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

I bought a bottle last week and I just checked, it has a small bag of that thingy that absorbs moisture. Also mine is slightly damped and yellowish, it has a distinct smell and shrimps seem to like it.
randyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #23
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)

I just emailed my source about this issue.
Ill report back once they get back to me.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #24
lipadj46
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Exactly, but wouldn't it make more sense to email the company and ask if the product is supposed to be like that? I would assume if the product was supposed to go moldy upon opening that would be on the bottle to prevent discussions like this from happening. I know right now this discussion is hurting their business because I'm about to place a big order for some food and supplements and I'm not going to order this product (which was on my list) because I don't want mold in my house. In a container or otherwise.
No I would rather discuss it with people in real time who have used the product before or sellers that sell it to see what their experiences are. Just like with mosura mineral plus. It comes with the bottle 1/4 full, says nothing on the bottle about it. Other hobbiests can tell you right away that it comes concentrated and you need to add water. I don't see how this discussion is hurting Borneo Wild no one said anything negative about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyl View Post
I bought a bottle last week and I just checked, it has a small bag of that thingy that absorbs moisture. Also mine is slightly damped and yellowish, it has a distinct smell and shrimps seem to like it.
Yeah I poked around in my bottle and found the dessicant pack under the spoon.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #25
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)

Seems kinda awkward to put dessicant in a moist product, kinda weird.
mordalphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #26
Tanman19az
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (75/100%)

I've noticed a change in smells. It started out pretty strong but normal smell, but after a few months now it smells putrid and rotten. I've used it a few times in this state and no shrimp deaths but I've stopped the past couple of weeks just out of caution
Tanman19az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #27
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
I don't see how this discussion is hurting Borneo Wild no one said anything negative about them.
I'm telling you this is hurting sales because I have now changed my mind on purchasing this product. And another poster eluded to the same thing due to seeing this thread. A product growing mold in a couple of weeks is negative TO ME.

And again, I emailed them so you all could get a real answer instead of himming and hawing on what is supposed 'correct' or not with the product. Several people have the same problem but nobody knows if it's supposed to be like that or not. Hopefully they'll email me back so everyone can know what's going on. I'm just trying to help out and since I don't trust everything I read on the internet I also want to know how this product is truly supposed to 'behave' before I plop money down on it. The only way to get the REAL answer on that is ask the company.

Last edited by ravensgate; 07-10-2012 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #28
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash

Quote:
I'm telling you this is hurting sales because I have now changed my mind on purchasing this product. And another poster eluded to the same thing due to seeing this thread. A product growing mold in a couple of weeks is negative TO ME.
Hi Raven, thank you for emailing them. Appreciate it.
cprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #29
lipadj46
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:

And again, I emailed them so you all could get a real answer instead of himming and hawing on what is supposed 'correct' or not with the product. Several people have the same problem but nobody knows if it's supposed to be like that or not. Hopefully they'll email me back so everyone can know what's going on. I'm just trying to help out and since I don't trust everything I read on the internet I also want to know how this product is truly supposed to 'behave' before I plop money down on it. The only way to get the REAL answer on that is ask the company.
Chillax bud take a benzo and count backwards from 20. Welcome to the internets, you know where people like to discuss their real life experiences with products which btw you have none in this case. But hey that's ok because this is the internets and everyone is welcome.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #30
ravensgate
Planted Tank Guru

Well, have you gotten the answer you were seeking from the responses on the thread?????

I DO use Borneowild products and this one was about to be added to the roster. You obviously weren't going to email them based on your post to me so I did it for you. You're welcome. I'll report back when I hear from the company so you all can have some solid information.