Guests and site popularity....
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 09-24-2003, 10:27 PM   #1
Guttboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Guttboy

WOW....

Since I have logged on there have been many people that have joined! CONGRATS! I have noticed, however, that there are WAY more guests here than normal...well than since I came here...LOL....It would be great if people that do come here for information and keep planted tanks join and let us know what they are doing with their tanks. I love seeing new information and learning from everyone. Just a thought.

Kyle....can the guests do the chat as well?

Just another thought on chat...perhaps we can have a chat forum place called "MEETING" or something that people can leave a note saying that they will be online at such and such a time. This way others could "meet" them in the chat room to discuss fish, algae, water parameters...etc.

just a thought....

Mike

10 Gallon...20 Endler's live bearers planted, peat/kitty litter/sand substrate

15 Gallon...Just Schultz Aquatic Plant soil
Guttboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2003, 10:52 PM   #2
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

Mike the majority of those guests lately have been the google robots that search through sites, for some reason they have been all over the forum lately. They must be doing a huge sweep of it or something. I really dont' know where or what they are doing, but they have been doing it for a while now.

Guests don't have the opportunity to chat, otherwise I would be afraid of it being abused. If you have to be logged in I can ban those that abuse the chat room.

Kyle
Old 09-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #3
Guttboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Guttboy

Kyle,

Thanks for the info! Have you noticed the increase too? Pretty odd. What do you think about having the post area so people "members" can say when they will be in chat....this might be a neat idea.

Mike

10 Gallon...20 Endler's live bearers planted, peat/kitty litter/sand substrate

15 Gallon...Just Schultz Aquatic Plant soil
Guttboy is offline   Reply With Quote