ADA 60F, Pointy Leaves
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
jamesdson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

ADA 60F, Pointy Leaves

Sups!

This is going to be my first journal post at planted tank.
Here is a picture below

As you can see i'm doing DSM.
I've always had fail planted aquarium for the last few years. After trials and errors, and research... i'm hoping that i'm going to do this one good.

I am still lacking skills in Iwagumi layout, but i'll have plenty of practice! I'm hoping once the plants fill in, they will make up the horrible stone placements.

If you want to, you can take a look at the video of me scaping the 60F!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqzjGqxV_g

any comments are welcome. enjoy!
jamesdson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
wastedtime
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (23/100%)

Great start, Your stone placements are very good for a beginner. There is a focal point (right) something that provides tension (middle) and the other stuff on the left completes the scape.

One comment about your DSM, take out all the excess water in the front. All you need to do is keep the tank moist. There is no need to have standing water in the tank.
wastedtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
jamesdson
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
Great start, Your stone placements are very good for a beginner. There is a focal point (right) something that provides tension (middle) and the other stuff on the left completes the scape.

One comment about your DSM, take out all the excess water in the front. All you need to do is keep the tank moist. There is no need to have standing water in the tank.

thanks for the comment! about the water.. yea it somehow went up as i put stones in there, so weird. i'm eventually going to get them out

Last edited by jamesdson; 06-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 06-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
aweeby
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)

nice layout. If i were you, I'd try and raise that big stone just a tiny bit so it looks a little more dominant. What's that plant in the foreground? I hope it's not riccia... if it is, then i hope it's tied down to something.

Are you planning something for the background/midground sections?
Old 07-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
jamesdson
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweeby View Post
nice layout. If i were you, I'd try and raise that big stone just a tiny bit so it looks a little more dominant. What's that plant in the foreground? I hope it's not riccia... if it is, then i hope it's tied down to something.

Are you planning something for the background/midground sections?
thanks for the suggestion. i actually went ahead and made that slight change. good eye there. the foreground is UG. i don't plan to add any more plant species for this aquarium; i want to keep it simple as possible. if you havn't watched, check out the youtube video that i posted, you can see me where i planted the stauro sp at the back.

for your convenience, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqzjGqxV_g

again thanks for the suggestion!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.