glosso yellowing from the bottom with black / greenish dots on it
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
blue planter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

glosso yellowing from the bottom with black / greenish dots on it

hi all,

i have a eheim 9 gallon tank with a couple of batch of glosso planted in eco complete. after having to trim about two weeks ago due to its vertical growth, ive noticed almost all glosso i planted in the tank starting to turn yellow from the bottom up (getting worse); ive also noticed that the older leafs closer to the substrate not only is yellowing / melting away but also has these black and dark green-ish dots on the leaf itself... can someone help point me to the right direction on solving this problem?

lights = original eheim 13 watt top mount LED on 7 hours a day (prior to trimming it was on 10 hours a day)
temp 76
running dyi c02 setup
Dose:
1/8 tsp KNO3 3x a week
1/32 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week
1/32 tsp K2SO4 3x a week
1/32 tsp (2ml) comprehensive 3x a week
50% water change every week (sunday)

thanks a lot! any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1486.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	49731  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1487.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	49732  

Last edited by blue planter; 06-24-2012 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: adding more information
blue planter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
blue planter
Algae Grower

Default anyone can give some tips?

should i up the dosage of dry fert? i use comprehensive (liquid) instead of csm+b would this be an issue? i recently just bumped up the CO2 to 3bps as well . i am beginning to think the eheim aquastyle 9 gallon nano tank corner mounted filter is not efficient enough to circulate the water throughout the tank thus effecting the distribution of CO2 and dry fert...

any comment would be appreciate it! thanks!

am thinking up the dose to:

1/8 tsp KNO3 3x a week (SAME)
1/32 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week to 1/16 tsp 3x a week
1/32 tsp K2SO4 3x a week to 1/16 tsp 3x a week
1/8 tsp (.65ml) comprehensive 3x a week (changed)
50% water change every week (sunday) (SAME)
Old 06-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

It looks to be growing upwards towards the light which is an indication of not enough light, the bottom leaves are melting due to the top leaves getting the light and shading the bottom parts. I have 32 watts on my 10 gallon with DIY CO2 (2x 2 litre bottles) which may be way more than i need but because its a shrimp tank i dont worry about algae as they graze on it all day keeping it clean.
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
blue planter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohn21 View Post
It looks to be growing upwards towards the light which is an indication of not enough light, the bottom leaves are melting due to the top leaves getting the light and shading the bottom parts. I have 32 watts on my 10 gallon with DIY CO2 (2x 2 litre bottles) which may be way more than i need but because its a shrimp tank i dont worry about algae as they graze on it all day keeping it clean.

thanks for the feedback.. i was thinking that as well.. however i read in barreport this particular light gives out 60-70 par at the substrate level (which if i referred back to that post it was said to be considered as HIGH OUTPUT) . i have no clue if this is enough for glosso or what par would be considered as "sufficient"?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #5
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

A rating between 6400k and 10,000k is ideal for plant growth. This is the real choice here and will dictate par. With Glosso you cant have enough light as the the brighter it is the more compact it is......obviously with this you will need to up the Co2 so a little trial and error is the best way to find whats best for you setup.
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote