New Plants @ Petsmart
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Default New Plants @ Petsmart

FYI: if anyone is annoyed of me posting these things i find, please let me know i will stop :P
I just thought id share good news with what i find when im at fish stores :P

Petsmart (atleast where i live in harrisburg) is now carrying plants in what looks like air tight vacuumed plants. Why am i sharing this? Because i found some VERY nice looking plants. They come in flat packages that look like the air has been sucked out of the plastic which creates a tight seal (***i could be wrong about the tight seal, i just saw it with my eyes i didnt check the package). The insides look moist cause i can see drops of water on the package. They have swords, Dwarf hair grass, Micro swords, Bocopa. (atleast those are the ones i remembered on top of my head)
The most impressive i thought was the Dwarf Hair grass, they looked VERY healthy. Although you only get about 1" of it, its about 1"x4-6" in package length.

*Package also had a print stating that the plants are "fully submerge able"...how reliable is that? beats me. its petsmart.

Heres the catch: 7.99 i believe it was per package.
I would never pay that much for one because i know i can get it cheaper on this forum. But i was very tempted to grab some DHG and this other plant called "Telanthera Cardinal" which looks like a reddish brown plant.

Just thought id share

*** This is not the plants in the weird cylindrical plastic tubes with water crystals on the bottom*** <--- im pretty sure these plants were grown immersed...i purchased one of their "peacock moss" and that never survived for me, causing me to never buy again.
Aheartlessfish is online now   Reply With Quote