5 Gallon Sneak peak - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 06-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

How did i miss this thread? I really like the background tony, very cool and you folks are correct, as long as it is 100% silicone and doesn't have mildew inhibitors in it, it's good. And for what it's worth, cracked 5 gallon tanks have much more character than a $1000 ada tank
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
How did i miss this thread? I really like the background tony, very cool and you folks are correct, as long as it is 100% silicone and doesn't have mildew inhibitors in it, it's good. And for what it's worth, cracked 5 gallon tanks have much more character than a $1000 ada tank
hahaha id pick 5 gallon over expensive ada any day :P
I just cant see myself spending that much on such small tanks unless it
was given to me or me being a millionaire.

Added some elatine into this tank 2 days ago...they seem to have melted showing signs of clear leaves with veins...very interesting. Not sure if its a shock of going from MH lighting into low CPF lighting or not haha. No big deal. Just waiting for the tank to age.
Aheartlessfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Had the same problem. Did a 100% water change on my 75 saturday. First change since i flooded it. Did 100% because i am going through a nice cloudy bacterial bloom (which came back), but everything in my tank started melting since. I'm hoping it all recovers, i put quite a few plants in there sat....lol
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
Had the same problem. Did a 100% water change on my 75 saturday. First change since i flooded it. Did 100% because i am going through a nice cloudy bacterial bloom (which came back), but everything in my tank started melting since. I'm hoping it all recovers, i put quite a few plants in there sat....lol
I still havent planted what I got from you. I need to pull most of my Ludwigia Red and Rotalas to make room. I
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Tsk tsk dan. I didn't give you that many plants.....lol
Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #21
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

haha for those who care, i found some nice bulbs!

apparently lowes sells 6500k CPL screw on bulbs! I grabbed the 23 watt one (quite large) went home and tried to put it in the unit but the metal thing (cheap house reflector) prevented it from screwing on. I ripped it out and it gave more room for the light bulb. I had a thin sheet of reflector laying around so i bended that and threw it right above the light.

Pros: i have super bright 6500k 23ish watt bulb in my fixture
Con: I dont think it was recommended to put a bulb with that many watts in the original fixture. On top of the fixture where there are vent holes is very hot to the touch. Im gona have to keep an eye on this to see if it will "melt" or not. Coralife's current mini fixture which takes 18 watts total of cfl bulbs gets dangerously hot. This one is getting there but lets see where it goes.

Tank looks alot like an aquarium now ^^ Id post pictures but someone took my SD card for their camera
Aheartlessfish is offline   Reply With Quote