Would you change the right side?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Would you change the right side?

Hi everyone,

I got a Mr. aqua 12 gallon in dsm mode and was wondering if you think this is scape is balanced. I'm trying to portray two islands. I like the left side but not quite sure about the right side. What do you guys think?

FTS

left side

right side

Thanks for looking!
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
cawolf86
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)

I love it and am no aquascaper but here is my rough interpretation.

The two islands have similar shapes but the one on the right has the rocks spaced rather than overlapped and the prominent "pointy" rock acts as a focal point which takes away from the stunning left.

Maybe move the rocks on right closer together and angle the "pointy" rock differently so it isn't the main focal point?
cawolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
jcgd
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via MSN to jcgd

I like it, but I think it might look better if you swap the two large rocks on the right so that the focal point, the tall, pointy rock, is closer to center. It's a super cool scape though. Looks HUGE! I can't believe that's 12 gallons.
jcgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawolf86 View Post
I love it and am no aquascaper but here is my rough interpretation.

The two islands have similar shapes but the one on the right has the rocks spaced rather than overlapped and the prominent "pointy" rock acts as a focal point which takes away from the stunning left.

Maybe move the rocks on right closer together and angle the "pointy" rock differently so it isn't the main focal point?
Thanks for the feedback! The two rocks are actually touching but there is AS on top of it.

Quote:
I like it, but I think it might look better if you swap the two large rocks on the right so that the focal point, the tall, pointy rock, is closer to center. It's a super cool scape though. Looks HUGE! I can't believe that's 12 gallons.
I'm glad you like it. I think if I switch it, the large rock might look like a sore thumb. I am realizing that the tall stone doesn't fit. i'm going to replace it. It's going to be pita because the rocks are sitting on the glass and holding up the back soil. But better now then later. Thanks again.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
ChadRamsey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)

no way. i wouldnt change a thing. great choice in stones and great placement. they have great "flow", all to the left. well balanced imo. i think that you did a GREAT job on the scape and i cant wait to see it all filled in.

There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.
ChadRamsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRamsey View Post
no way. i wouldnt change a thing. great choice in stones and great placement. they have great "flow", all to the left. well balanced imo. i think that you did a GREAT job on the scape and i cant wait to see it all filled in.
Thanks for the response but Oops... Sorry, I found a better stone and replaced it. I think I'm happier with it. Hopefully I can post the new pictures and start a journal.

Tags
12 gallon, mr. aqua, seiryu