mluk27's ADA Mini M Zoa/Paly Garden.. Fluval Edge Coming soon. - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
mluk27
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Its not on a timer. Its one of those cheap paintball reg ones. Usually the co2 doesnt ever fully shut off. At night itll be maybe 1 bubble every 5-6 seconds, but last night I turned it off completely and then my fish and shrimp were all hanging out at the top of the tank and one was dead. so I dont really know whats going on because there was absoluletly no co2 in the tank for atleast 10 hours
mluk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #32
mluk27
Planted Member

Also the Riccia responded horribly to the spot dosing lol it melted all the spot where I treated it.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #33
radioman
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluk27 View Post
Also the Riccia responded horribly to the spot dosing lol it melted all the spot where I treated it.
Riccia hates h202 I had a little get dosed before and it died in a day.
Canon Pimp Club #012
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
mluk27
Planted Member

yea.. I wish I knew. Does excel have the same effect?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #35
mluk27
Planted Member

This tank has just been nothing but a headache.. Im strongly considering tearing it down.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #36
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

Update? I'm scared to ask, lol.

To quote a fish from a Disney movie (that's a reputable place to source quotes, right? )

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." -- Dory

lol
Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
mluk27
Planted Member

Well I think this is going to be my last update for this tank before I tear it down.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #38
freph
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)

The tank looks pretty decent as far as I can see....no massive issues. Bits of algae here and there but that's about it. Your 20C looks good too. Do you just not have enough time for both tanks? This one looks like it'd be pretty easy to remedy....even if you just upgrade your CO2 system a bit to have more stability vs the paintball setup.

Last edited by freph; 06-29-2012 at 03:42 AM..
freph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
mluk27
Planted Member

Well I just cleaned it but every 2 days you can't see through the glass because the BGA just grows all over it. The BGA is infested the soil and the UG. I've treated it so many times and do water changes 2-3 times a week. I can't get rid of it and I don't think I will. I probably won't ever do an emersed start again because that's where it all started.

The 20c is really low Maintence. I'm just tearing down the S and starting fresh. I'm probably going to upgrade to a mini m tho
Old 06-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #40
freph
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluk27 View Post
Well I just cleaned it but every 2 days you can't see through the glass because the BGA just grows all over it. The BGA is infested the soil and the UG. I've treated it so many times and do water changes 2-3 times a week. I can't get rid of it and I don't think I will. I probably won't ever do an emersed start again because that's where it all started.

The 20c is really low Maintence. I'm just tearing down the S and starting fresh. I'm probably going to upgrade to a mini m tho
Nitrate levels, manual removal and circulation for BGA....Bacter 100 helps too. Not sure why it's so out of hand in that tank if it's coating the glass that badly. The M is definitely a great choice for a new tank if you plan to go that route. I can't wait to get mine filled. To only be 5.5g it's got some great dimensions and being rimless it just feels so much more open. What don't you like about the S?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:38 AM   #41
mluk27
Planted Member

Ive tried everything, even bacter 100, but I looked at the aqua soil and it goes down about in inch from the surface. The only thing I think what caused it was from the dry start from the UG and I noticed some of the aquasoil surface turning green and thats where it all began. lol.

I saw your tank its incredible looking especially with the AQUASKY. I do like the S, but I can put more fish in a M so I thought might as well get it. Plus Im planning on getting an AQUASKY and they do not fit on the current Mini S so might as well get the M lol. Out of curiosity I know LEDs give a shimmer effect, does AQUASKY give the a shimmer effect?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #42
freph
Planted Tank Guru

Yikes. That's some crazy bacteria you've got going on there. :/

It creates a lovely shimmer effect. It's quite nice to see the light dancing on the wall. I'm not sure how it causes in-tank objects to shimmer, but I'll definitely report back once I get it filled and planted. If it's anything like spotlighting my 20L at night with my iPhone's flash LED via app then it should shimmer nicely. Frank has his setup...maybe you could ask him?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #43
mluk27
Planted Member

Yeah, it is crazy. I really hate to tear down the tank because its starting to pick up that momentum where everything is growing in, but I know the easiest thing to do is to restart.

I know LEDs give a shimmer effect because I have LED's on my 20cm. I just wasnt sure if AQUASKY was different, but hopefully it keeps that shimmer effect when it has stuff in it. I would ask Frank but hes incredibly busy so I dont wanna bother him anymore lol
Old 06-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #44
freph
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah, he's quite the busy fellow lately. I wish they had a couple more people like Frank over at ADG...

The light should be fine imo. It's quite the top notch piece of equipment as far as I can tell. Just held it over my 20L and there's plenty of shimmer to go around.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #45
mluk27
Planted Member

Good to know! How soon are you going to scape your Mini M?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.