ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden(pics of summer 2013 page 4) - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Ponds

Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 AM   #16
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffgong View Post
It looks really nice. Great job!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIT BMX View Post
What pump are you going with?
I think I will try get a Tsurumi waterfall pump since I have heard good things about them. If anyone has any other suggestions for a really good quality pump let me know since I'm still checking around.

http://www.tsurumipumpsales.com/tsur...es-p-1809.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
Love it man! Wanna come build me one when I buy a house? haha That's a nice looking Koi too... the one with the serrated longer fins.

You couldn't afford me. J/K. I was a lot younger back then and it took me a week to recover from all that work. I wouldn't think about doing it again especially now that I am older. It was all dug by hand and using a wheel barrow to bring in tons and tons of rock was not much fun. Some of the bigger rocks by the base of the waterfall took 4 people to put them in place. If I had to do it again I would put in a pondless waterfall. I do love the koi but I think a pondless waterfall is just as beatuiful as a pond without the maintenence. By the way the koi is a Gin Matsuba butterfly and I have had her since she was 3 inches.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #17
FIT BMX
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I got a Laguna 2400 this spring and it is working great.
But you never know until it shells out.
FIT BMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #18
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

I need a high flow pump that goes in a skimmer box. It needs to pump a large volume of water about 24 feet away. The Laguna pumps are more of a pump and filter in one type of unit.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
Old 09-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #19
junko
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Beautiful pond! I love the natural look. Your koi are beautiful- I love the shusui. That is one of my favorite varieties.

I try to keep my koi down to less than 10 adults for 2500 gallons but the darn things keep spawning, so I have to keep trying to catch babies which is really difficult. If I'd been able to tell (or choose) sex back when I bought them, I would have bought all females (I like their chunkier body shape), but oh well, LOL!
56g angel tank
junko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
mjbubbles
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

What a beautiful pond! I keep mentioning to my housemate that we should have a pond, but he doesn't take the bait...I need him to dig the hole for it!

Thanks for sharing!
mjbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
H82LOS3
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)

wow beautiful pond u got there
H82LOS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
xenxes
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Awesome that white butterfly is my favorite!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxes View Post
Awesome that white butterfly is my favorite!
Thank you and that fish is definitely one of my favorites too. I did the spring cleaning a couple of weeks ago and removed a bunch of bullrush and sweetflag that was getting out of control. I will try to get some new pictures put up here soon,
Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #24
sjb1987
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (139/100%)

sweetflag is crazy stuff.....pretty though....do yall have any corkscrew rush up there?...its pretty neat looking...me and my dad install ponds and pondless waterfalls and every now and then we use it if the situations right...pretty pond by the way
sjb1987 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
wendyjo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

That's so Beautiful <3

How much maintenance is involved in the upkeep?
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #26
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb1987 View Post
sweetflag is crazy stuff.....pretty though....do yall have any corkscrew rush up there?...its pretty neat looking...me and my dad install ponds and pondless waterfalls and every now and then we use it if the situations right...pretty pond by the way
Thanks. I do have corcksrew rush in there also. I like how it stays alot smaller than some of the other rush varieties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo View Post
That's so Beautiful <3

How much maintenance is involved in the upkeep?
Not as much as my aquarium that is for sure. Once a year in the spring I take all the fish out and put them in 3 seperate stock tanks and drain the pond completely and get all the dead leaves that fall from the trees in the fall out and completely flush out the waterfall and skimmer box. After that intial cleaning all there is to do is clean the skimmer box foam weekly and the waterfall foam every 3-4 months. I haven't had any fish spawn the last 3 years so last spring I tried things differently and left the fish in and just vaccumed the bottom and did a 70-80% water change hoping to see if they would spawn if I didn't drain the whole thing and they didn't. I'm hoping to have a successful spawn this year even though I don't plan on keeping any of the babies unless I see some that have unique markings. It's pretty neat seeing all the different colors you can get from a spawn. Several of the fish that are in there are from spawns 4-5 years ago.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
they call me bruce
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

might be natures way of saying where to croweded may be introduce a new gene pool
{no pun intended}
they call me bruce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #28
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by they call me bruce View Post
might be natures way of saying where to croweded may be introduce a new gene pool
{no pun intended}
I know its pretty crowded even for the large volume of water but I have grown really attached to the ones that are in there as I have had 3 of them for 13 years now and last year I sold 5 of the koi that didn't have the best markings. I may try introducing some new blood but I don't just buy any koi that I see. They have to be some nice looking fish before I will add them. It really isn't that big of a deal if they spawn because that just means I have more to find homes for and on top of that I always ended up keeping the ones I thought would end up looking like good fish when full grown.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
jemminnifener
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wow that looks like my dream pond! It's gorgeous!
jemminnifener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #30
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

Really beautiful pond and Koi. I love the different plants and the way everything has filled in. I am sure it is a source of relaxation!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.