Important *usps newly enforcing shipping rules+ - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Invertebrates by Msjinkzd


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #31
fishykid1
Wannabe Guru
 
fishykid1's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
Yes, for dried goods, plants or invertebrates- usps is best. For fish- I am working on alternative carriers. It is not a fun time.
Unless they post it into the code on the USPS.com site they have no legal ability to do that. As others have said, I'd go over their head.

However with my experiences related to USPS Express mail... the service is crap. I lost 4 fish of 8 that were 30$ a piece.
fishykid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #32
150EH
Planted Tank Guru
 
150EH's Avatar
 
PTrader: (27/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Churchton, Maryland
Posts: 5,370
Default

I've always received your packages in 2 days via USPS and from others I've gotten the same with only one of my packages getting lost for 4 days but the customer said everything was fine. I know a lot of live shippers will only ship Saturday but I also understand what you are saying and I know the post office is starting to make a lot of changes, thanks for the update.
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #33
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary
 
msjinkzd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (204/100%)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: mount wolf, pa
Posts: 3,752
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishykid1 View Post
Unless they post it into the code on the USPS.com site they have no legal ability to do that. As others have said, I'd go over their head.

However with my experiences related to USPS Express mail... the service is crap. I lost 4 fish of 8 that were 30$ a piece.
It IS on their site, under express mail live requirements. Most post offices don't enforce it, but this is a policy that is written, available, and clearly laid out. I justh appen to hate the policy, lol
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
fishykid1
Wannabe Guru
 
fishykid1's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,798
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
It IS on their site, under express mail live requirements. Most post offices don't enforce it, but this is a policy that is written, available, and clearly laid out. I justh appen to hate the policy, lol
I understand the labeling of boxes. but, by saying express shipment is overnight (to most locations, as they say) if you have a guaranteed delivery time, they have entered a contract to complete it. They have a guaranteed arrival time of 12PM or 3PM if stamped at the post office before a certain time. Unless the arrival contract states that they cannot complete the shipment within one day (or 2 days as the contract can show), they have to fulfill it or they break their contract; therefore they have to issue a refund, as per their guarantee.

If they cannot complete this contract, they need to either uphold the service or charge the appropriate amount to complete the service as the contract states.

You notice that their 'guidelines' are well hidden within the site. They don't want you to read them and there's so much conflict within them that it's questionable.
fishykid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #35
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary
 
msjinkzd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (204/100%)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: mount wolf, pa
Posts: 3,752
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishykid1 View Post
I understand the labeling of boxes. but, by saying express shipment is overnight (to most locations, as they say) if you have a guaranteed delivery time, they have entered a contract to complete it. They have a guaranteed arrival time of 12PM or 3PM if stamped at the post office before a certain time. Unless the arrival contract states that they cannot complete the shipment within one day (or 2 days as the contract can show), they have to fulfill it or they break their contract; therefore they have to issue a refund, as per their guarantee.

If they cannot complete this contract, they need to either uphold the service or charge the appropriate amount to complete the service as the contract states.

You notice that their 'guidelines' are well hidden within the site. They don't want you to read them and there's so much conflict within them that it's questionable.
They have it written into their contract for live items that they are allowed 3 days on live shipments to complete delivery before you can apply for a refund. Stupid as it is, it is written in their rules and on their website.
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #36
fishykid1
Wannabe Guru
 
fishykid1's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
They have it written into their contract for live items that they are allowed 3 days on live shipments to complete delivery before you can apply for a refund. Stupid as it is, it is written in their rules and on their website.
I would't write live on the boxes then..simple as that. I still say my previous statement is true though, if they can't complete the service they need to uphold it completely. I won't ship USPS express anymore after what happened to my shipment and all the hell I went through with them
fishykid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary
 
msjinkzd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (204/100%)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: mount wolf, pa
Posts: 3,752
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
Default

They require me too, I didn't used to. I used to just put fragile and perishable. The new postmaster is making me mark them live, nd I am known in this entire area for shipping fish so cannot really go covert, lol. Workingo n my fed-ex clearances now- they will guarantee their delivery time.
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
fishykid1
Wannabe Guru
 
fishykid1's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
They require me too, I didn't used to. I used to just put fragile and perishable. The new postmaster is making me mark them live, nd I am known in this entire area for shipping fish so cannot really go covert, lol. Workingo n my fed-ex clearances now- they will guarantee their delivery time.
New hair style hahaha

I wish you luck! I may be going your way for the 6/70$ roselines soon to contribute to my 75 (future 125). along with some repashy for the angels, roselines and endlers
fishykid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #39
longbeach
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Beach, Maryland
Posts: 198
Default

I talked with our Post Office late last week. Our Post Mistress said that they cannot guarantee delivery dates on holiday weekends. She knows that I ship shrimps and has never required any further labeling on the packages except at my request to "do not freeze".
longbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #40
fishykid1
Wannabe Guru
 
fishykid1's Avatar
 
PTrader: (16/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeach View Post
I talked with our Post Office late last week. Our Post Mistress said that they cannot guarantee delivery dates on holiday weekends. She knows that I ship shrimps and has never required any further labeling on the packages except at my request to "do not freeze".
Rachel is probably shipping out a lot more than you per daily basis though :P
fishykid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #41
longbeach
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Beach, Maryland
Posts: 198
Default

Oh yes...I agree. Also the advantage with having a small hometown Post Office....and so far it is not slated for closing. I don't think they would care about the quantity of shipping... it's $$$$... at least at our Post Office
longbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #42
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary
 
msjinkzd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (204/100%)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: mount wolf, pa
Posts: 3,752
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd
Default

the $$$ is why they care I had gotten well over a $1000 in shipping refunds in 3 months time because of express packages not arriving on time. I live in a VERY small town, country living, and I am sure that my express mail refunds were putting a serious hurting on their bottom line-which could impact whether they stay open or not. I get teh reasoning, it just is not a good enough guarantee for me, or my customers, which is why I am going for an alternative option
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012