habba mister????
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
hurley0816
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

habba mister????

has anybody tried the habba mister from zoo med? just curious how well it works.
hurley0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
mrk442
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Its ok...i guess..sorta.. personally i think its a piece of junk ok maybe for providing water drops on a leaf for something but as far as a mister for a real tank its junk.

Planing a 65g Tall done right from the start using Tom Barr's Non-Co2 Method now I just need to figure out the lighting!
mrk442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:44 AM   #3
Opiesilver
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I've got to agree with that assessment. I've got one myself and have been very disappointed with it.

I have found one that I do like. Its the RainMaker misting system, http://www.cloudtops.com/misting_systems.htm. It's kinda expensive but the results are worth it. A buddy of mine that work in the Desert Dome at the Henry Dorley Zoo in Omaha got one for me. It's the same kind that the zoo uses.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:07 AM   #4
Spar
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

just go with an Ultra-sonic humidifer. $20-$30 at Walgreens (or any pharmacy) and about $10 in equipment. It is fun watching the fogger turn on too.

If you turn it on for about 3x per day and about 10 minutes per 20g's each time then it will suffice just as well as a misting unit. You can hide this behind the stand, unlike what my pictures show. Was a temporary setup.

edit>> forgot to add. I used to have a Habba-mister too and was very disppointed in it. It is good for air-exchange though if you have a tightly closed vivarium. I did enjoy that part as I was more confident about the small holes in the top sufficing.

here is some pictures of mine:

100g - Planted Tank (mainly Swords)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v110/cbporter52/
Spar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:29 AM   #5
Opiesilver
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I like the fog effect but wish it was a little bit more controllable. I used an ultra sonic fogger for a while, I can't remember the brand now, and liked it. I just liked the controlled fine mist more. When it's on I can still see my dart frogs. The orchids and bromiliads don't seem to care on way or the other.