Victoria, B.C. - Creatures
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Canada

Old 11-20-2004, 04:04 AM   #1
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (0/0%)

Victoria, B.C. - Creatures

FOr those of you living here in Victoria... Creatures has opened a new outlet on the corner of Blanshard and Bay (in that complex with Wendy's, Subway etc). This new store kicks A$$!!!

I bought a new loach I didn't have, they have an awesome selection of fish and aquariums.... They are pricery for expendables (dechlor, etc) but their selection of fish is UNMATCHED on Vancouver island.
GDominy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2004, 04:18 AM   #2
csfish
Algae Grower

Did you catch their sale on the weekend? Pets West also had their fish and plants on sale, but not having anymore room for fish or tanks, I came away for with a bag full of plants.
Speaking of which, another place to check out for plants at a reasonable price (when other places don't have sales) is Sidney Pets on Beacon. Their stock selection isn't great, but they can order most anything you want for a few bucks less than the Victoria stores. So if you happen to be going to or coming from the Ferry Terminal, check it out....
csfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #3
bomber
Algae Grower

Safari Pets on Blanshard (by Futureshop) is carrying some nice plants now pricey though.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
Aulonochromis
Algae Grower

Yes, Safari has the nicest selection of plants I have seen on the island. They are pricey, but are the only place I've seen with thriving plants. Everywhere else has a bunch of dying plants under a 10 year old aquaglo bulb, they don't have a clue.
Aulonochromis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

I have been buying plants from several places actually...

Safari Pets is the only place that brings in Tropica plants.... They also keep them under nice CF or MH bulbs and fertilize with Tropica Master Gro with a pretty high blast of CO2.

Creatures has some nice plants too.. but they don't order as frequently, and htey don't keep them in the most ideal conditions. The trick here is buy them within a few days of their arrival.

Pets West has the best prices on plants.. but they don't last long in their tanks. They simply don't have the room for the plants so they sell them off pretty cheaply. I purchased 10 amazon swords from them at $2 each!

Worlds Exotic Pets orders plants maybe 2-3 times a YEAR, but when they come in the plants are usually pretty nice.. but the don't live long in teh store tanks. Buy em quick and you won't have problems.

Kritters and Fins sometimes has plants although they are uslaly somewhat withered... And the price isnt really favorable.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:15 AM   #6
Aulonochromis
Algae Grower

Anybody know where to pick up some cheap java ferns, anubias or vals?
Old 01-16-2005, 04:17 AM   #7
csfish
Algae Grower

As Gareth was saying above, try Pets West in Broadmead or if you're near Sidney, try ordering from Sidney Pets.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
Aulonochromis
Algae Grower

Yeah I was gonna check those shops out, I was just wondering if they had anything, to save me a trip out there. There's alot of snow out that way right now.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
csfish
Algae Grower

Neither of the above shops usually have anubias in stock, but you can phone to find out if they would order for you and how much that would cost.

(It's Victoria....the snow won't last very long....)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #10
andypython
Algae Grower

Safari almost always have two or three variety of anubius in stock. mostly from tropica.
andypython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:43 PM   #11
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

In order to keep things Fair.. I am going to split the Safari and Creatures threads..
Old 02-02-2005, 11:41 PM   #12
TKD

I have some Java fern and water sprite that I could sell you.

TKD
TKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #13
rpc212
Algae Grower

Hi everyone,

I am going to have to say this because it has to be said. Creatures is not a good place to go and get anything related pets. Why you ask? Because they have been reported to the SPCA and indepedently investigated because of the care of the pets they sell. I talked to someone I know who is trust worthy and a former employee, and they told me about this and I have never gone, or ever will goto, Creatures again. I used to be a regular, but mistreating animals that you are selling or doing anything else with is disgusting and totally immoral! A news article about them was in the Monday magazine about a year and a half ago describing the investigation and the whole thing. I am a small business owner and operating a business in this fashion, especially when dealing with pets, is just beyond words. Shame on Creatures and the owners!

Sincerely,

rpc212
rpc212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #14
Boomers
Algae Grower

crazy i didn't know that

on the lighter note... i have vals i could sell or trade w/ whoever wanted them b4... mine duplilcate alot and i don't mind selling or trading them

-G
Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote