Big's Fluval Ebi - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 08-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #106
bigboij
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Did you ever find a solution for the lid/glass top when using the external canister filter?

Also, what type of moss is on the moss wall again? Was that the (maybe) flame moss?
I'm still using suction cups near the top rear to act as legs as the front rests on the edge of the tank. Just got married last week so I been insane busy and hadn't done any other than feed and top off for a while.

The moss wall i think ia java Xmas moss mix in the last picture you can see what i think is java at the top. At the bottom right corner you can see what I think is Xmas that makes up the rest.
SunSun Pimp #2
Fluval Ebi Pimp #4
bigboij is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #107
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboij View Post
I'm still using suction cups near the top rear to act as legs as the front rests on the edge of the tank. Just got married last week so I been insane busy and hadn't done any other than feed and top off for a while.

The moss wall i think ia java Xmas moss mix in the last picture you can see what i think is java at the top. At the bottom right corner you can see what I think is Xmas that makes up the rest.
Congratulations man!
madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #108
DesmondTheMoonBear
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/80%)

We need an update!
DesmondTheMoonBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #109
Hyzer
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondTheMoonBear View Post
We need an update!
I second this.

Somehow I missed this awesome EBI. Nice work!
Hyzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #110
bigboij
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Sorry for the lack of any updates, between getting married an moving to new house i have been busy

this thank was surprisingly easy to move, lowered water took out equipment road in the front seat of my car.

topped it off with distilled upon setup and added a splash of the minerals that come with the kit.

as for maintenance i do nothing but feed scrape front glass (side left green for the babies) and top off with distilled water. the shrimp and my light cycle seems to keep any algae of concern away to keep this tank glorious

cell phone is my only working cam at the moment

SunSun Pimp #2
Fluval Ebi Pimp #4
bigboij is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #111
HammerJoe
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hello,

I've enjoyed reading your journal. I am thinking of getting a EBI as well and I was wondering if you clean the gravel as well and if yes how messy it is and if its hard?
Ive had tanks in the past but they were alot bigger so cleaning the gravel was not much of an issue but with this small tank Im wondering if it can be done without disturbing everything?
HammerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #112
pedropete
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

i've heard cleaning (like vacuuming) the fluval stratum isn't a good idea as it removes potential meals for the shrimp, who love to walk around, picking at particles and biofilm accumulated here and there.

my question for Big, the OP, is: how did you mod the filter intake so shrimplets were sucked in? thanks!
pedropete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #113
majerah1
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Wow,I love the overgrowth!It looks fantastic and those shrimp must be super happy!

Im hunting a used Ebi for my daughter who wants some shrimp,lol.I have a good source for some blue pearls,so will see how it goes.In any case your tank has inspired me even moreso to look for this type of tank.

Eheim Pimp #475
majerah1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
crs, ebi, rcs, shrimp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.