Andrew's Mini M is done with sophomore year at ASU. Updated on last page - Page 17
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #241
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Here is another image, I just added a little bit more substrate. Adding substrate on top of HC is great opposed to having to try and replant and push pieces back into the substrate that get pulled up by the shrimp.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #242
mluk27
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

The tank looks great! I really love the rocks, it makes the tank look a lot larger than it is.
mluk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #243
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluk27 View Post
The tank looks great! I really love the rocks, it makes the tank look a lot larger than it is.
Thanks! The main problem with many scapes is the rocks are too small. I bought 50 lbs of stone for this tank this year. It took me about 8 months to finally choose the exact pieces and how to arrange it using the two largest stones but they are beautiful and it is such a great visual. I really like a strong hardscape.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #244
mluk27
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Well looks like you got that hardscape down! Looking forward to future updates of this tank.
mluk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #245
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mluk27 View Post
Well looks like you got that hardscape down! Looking forward to future updates of this tank.
Thanks! There probably will only be one more until August or so because I will be leaving it in AZ with friends while I'm back home over the summer and travelling. With this said in August the Scape should be complete so that will be exciting to see.

-Andrew

Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #246
A Hill
Sponsor

Well now the tank has been on vacation for a week.

I'm now working on the aquariums that are home in RI all year that I don't spend nearly enough time with.

A few interesting scapes in the works!

-Andrew

Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #247
Loplop
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I really enjoyed reading through the two variations of your tank. What a perfect setup for college! I had a 55 gallon cichlid tank in college (many moons ago!!) and it was a PITA. This would have been much more manageable.. and fun.
Loplop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #248
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loplop View Post
I really enjoyed reading through the two variations of your tank. What a perfect setup for college! I had a 55 gallon cichlid tank in college (many moons ago!!) and it was a PITA. This would have been much more manageable.. and fun.
Thanks! It has gone through some changes to say the least and it really has been the perfect tank for college.

I have a 55g and it is a terrible tank and definitely not fun for aquascaping nor in college.

-Andrew

Tags
a hill, ada, mini m