20l Iwagumi internal sump *11/23/2012* - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #16
awdturbo04
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post

I think it would be cool if you leveled the front though. Not only is it more appealing in general (IMO) but it would make the left look higher. I don't know if some of the smaller rocks are buried but if they are, they could come up a bit.
Not gonna lie I have been thinking about lowering the left side and removing some gravel. If it looks bad I can always replace the gravel
awdturbo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #17
VW_Factor
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice setup there.

I like that
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #18
awdturbo04
Algae Grower

Quick update here is how it sits now i have s 5x3 mats of HC coming from aquariumplants.com will be planting then.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #19
Mr.Desert_scape
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

If You ever decided to do something different than the window tint, you could try this stuff called plasti-dip which is like spray paint but actually a rubber coating and it water proof and as far as I know wouldn't seed chemicals into the tank and if it gets messed up you can just peel it off and spray it again.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
awdturbo04
Algae Grower

Got another update. All my HC showed up in perfect shape. After re arranging my stones for probably the 80th time and the addition of an extra stone from one of my friends I was able to plant my tank to my liking. I have two lamps on it with 100 watt household bulbs for the duration of the immersed growing period.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #21
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Looks great. I like the changes you made to your hardscape as well. Are you doing dry start?
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #22
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)

Rocks look great like that. Cant wait to see this thing in action as it is very interesting
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
awdturbo04
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Looks great. I like the changes you made to your hardscape as well. Are you doing dry start?
Yes I am dong the DSM method kind of funny because I too started in the car world as you can see by my and your user name and when I first saw DSM you can imagine what I thought they were talking about ha ha.This is also my first time trying dry start "crosses fingers"

As far as using plasti dip I have used that stuff before and was never really satisfied. Not saying it wouldn't work because I dint try it for this. Also there is a large difference between being waterproof and being submersible. Damn universal solvent.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #24
2in10
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Beautiful start
2in10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdturbo04 View Post
Yes I am dong the DSM method kind of funny because I too started in the car world as you can see by my and your user name and when I first saw DSM you can imagine what I thought they were talking about ha ha.This is also my first time trying dry start "crosses fingers"
Yeah, DSM means something different from me. I haven't owned my talon in over 6-7 years, it was just my first SN. Now I drive a Honda Accord lol. What do you drive?
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
Mr.Desert_scape
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:

As far as using plasti dip I have used that stuff before and was never really satisfied. Not saying it wouldn't work because I dint try it for this. Also there is a large difference between being waterproof and being submersible. Damn universal solvent.
Yeah I've never used it submerged for a long period of time either. So I'm not sure how long it would hold up either but the theory of what it should do make it sound like a decent candidate for this but who knows. I saw a video of it holding water in a cardboard box without leaking at all so it would be interesting to see what it could do long term.

Tank looks awesome though. Makes me want to start another small tank. Haha
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
vvDO
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (9/100%)

Damn nice job, you are giving me ideas. Would like to know how well CO2 stays dissolved once you submerge.
3+ gallon (40 x 16 x 20.5 cm) aquatic soil, low-tech
Fluval spec V (sitting in a box)
vvDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #28
awdturbo04
Algae Grower

Ok im back after a successful beach trip as you an see here

My 10 gallon shrimp tanks that is leaking is starting to become super over run with shrimp so this 20's gotta hurry up ha ha

Here is the tank after 2 weeks 1 week of which I was at the beach and unable to spray the tank or bother it

Here we are after 3 weeks. For the last week I have been removing the top giving it a slight mist and then fanning out all the stale air and replacing it with fresh co2 rich air. No idea if this works. It makes sense in my head and its been growing noticeably fast lately.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #29
LB79
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wow. Nothin' like a great, in-depth journal. Totally awesome. And super tank, too.

–Boromir, The Lord Of The Rings
LB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #30
Higher Thinking
So good my algae pearls!

PTrader: (23/100%)

Quote:

Here we are after 3 weeks. For the last week I have been removing the top giving it a slight mist and then fanning out all the stale air and replacing it with fresh co2 rich air. No idea if this works. It makes sense in my head and its been growing noticeably fast lately.

I totally have been wondering this myself. Like it seems if one keeps the wrap around it nonstop, then CO2 will become all used up unless you open it and freshen it up. I have thought about running an immersed setup with wrap around it and a CO2 airline going in as well. It will just keep pumping and work itself out as pressure builds. Seems feasible to me.
Higher Thinking is offline   Reply With Quote