Need Several Plant IDs (56k warning)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #1
DLeDeaux
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via ICQ to DLeDeaux Send a message via AIM to DLeDeaux Send a message via MSN to DLeDeaux

My wife and I went out and gathered a few plants for my new aquarium from local ponds and lakes this weekend. I know what a couple are but need some help on the others, plus some confirmation on what the others are. Please forgive the poor shots, I have yet to learn many tips on "aquatography" and for some reason my camera kept focusing on the glass. Probably the algae.

Some form of Eleocharis hairgrass. Not so sure I like this one too much.

Not a very good pic, but I'm thinking it might be some sort of Bacopa. It is growing like gangbusters and I'm probably going to have to move it to a different area of the tank. The tallest stalk was maybe 3 inches when I got it on Saturday and it is 8 or 9 now.

Pennywort? I just noticed this morning that it is pushing up a new leaf. It's so cute

This is an interesting one. It looks like a sword of some sort. Closest match I can find is Echinodorus cordifolius "Ovalis". I found it growing emersed and I'm hoping that the leaves that it will convert to submerged.

No idea on this one. Another one I found emersed. It is starting to flower like crazy. Another sword species?

This one I found on the shore but it looked an aweful lot like Hygrophilia so I thought I would give it a try.

Another shot from above.
DLeDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.