RAOK: Water Lettuce, Pistia stratiotes:
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
DenverTankCollector
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

RAOK: Water Lettuce, Pistia stratiotes:

RAOK: Water Lettuce, Pistia stratiotes: I am too lazy to package most of my plants for the Colorado Aquarium Society auction on Saturday, May 12. I am going to take a large amount of my tank grown water lettuce to the auction in a cooler. If you attend, look for me, (visualize an anorexic Santa Clause), and get some free water lettuce plants. It is such a great plant, it has kept koi ponds clean for years. My tank grown water lettuce grows 2-4 inches across, with a huge root system, grows extremely fast and boy does it clean the water. I use it in the fry tanks to keep them clean where I can't use rooted plants. It outgrows duckweed and kills off the duckweed by taking its nutrients away. Baby fish can hide in its roots, and you can move it outside when it gets warm. $3.00 each at most garden shops, free at the auction just to make sure you attend. The tank this photo was taken from now has no duckweed! It is large enough you won't lose control of it on the top of your tank. It is the best kept secret in the aquarium hobby! Bring your own container.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Water Lettuce.JPG (71.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Water Lettuce 2.JPG (45.8 KB, 47 views)
DenverTankCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
moosenart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)

anorexic Santa Clause got it.

I ride motorcycles.
moosenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
ZLogic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I've been working overnights on the repaving of highway 36 out near Boulder so i don't think i'm going to make it to the auction. If you happen to have and water lettuce left after the auction, i would love to pick some up from you. My step dad built his koi pond out in Manitou Springs and he's pretty much in the dark when it comes to live plants and this is one he said he was interested in.
ZLogic is offline   Reply With Quote