Buying new aquarium
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 09-24-2005, 06:12 AM   #1
matthewburk
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Buying new aquarium

I am buying a new aquarium and came to a road block i was going to get this basically, but 180 gallon

http://www.all-glass.com/products/st...es_cherry.html

The problem is AGA has stopped making the stand and canopy suddenly. I ordered it a little over a month ago and am now told they can't make that stand and canopy anymore and don't have any for the 180 gallon stocked so I am SOL.

The problem is my 90 gallon is already this style and I planned on gettting another 90 gallon as well. So I would have 3 aquariums 1 180 and 2 90. It is very important to me that they all match becuase they are going in the same room.

I was looking at www.aquariumsforyou.com, but have never actually seen their tanks or stands. Does anybody have any experience with AFY good or bad, or any suggestions of elsewhere I could look.

Thanks in advance.
matthewburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
AaronT
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (201/100%)

I've never had experience with that company, but you might call some shops around your area that carry AGA tanks. There is always the off chance that they still have one in stock.

You might also consider getting tanks that match, yet are not the same.
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
Dood Lee
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Doesn't the stand and canopy cover up any frames on the glass tank? If this is the case, then you only need to find a matching stand and canopy correct? I agree with matthewburk. Pick up the phonebook and check all the pet stores to see if they actually had a stand and canopy in stock. You can pretty much get any standard glass tank since most manufacturers use the same dimensions.

Another option would be to contract a local wood shop that can create a stand that looks exactly like the one you need. Might cost a bit more though.
Eheim Pimp #162: Eheim ProII 2026
Dood Lee is offline   Reply With Quote