New Finnex High Powered LED Fixture. Input Welcome. - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #31
shrimpster
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: portland
Posts: 194
Default

Also, how about a fugeray 36" for those ultra-popular 12L rimless
shrimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpster View Post
I like that you ask what the buyer wants. I realize this may be too late, but I'll say it anyways.
I'd like white moonlights with a built-in photo-cell in the fixture that automatically turns on when it's dark or when the main lights go off. It eliminates the need for a physical switch/separate timer.

I enjoy my moonlights, but hardly ever get around to all the tanks to switch them on.
Thanks for the input! They're already in production though. I will keep you idea for future models. Do you mind the automatic blue lights if they induce algea growth?
Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
sayurasem
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpster View Post
Also, how about a fugeray 36" for those ultra-popular 12L rimless
Yes please. Ray II 36'' hopefully. And keep the fixture with no moon light, not a fan of it.

Do you guys ever think about making clamp on high output LEDs?
36'' perhaps
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #34
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
Yes please. Ray II 36'' hopefully. And keep the fixture with no moon light, not a fan of it.

Do you guys ever think about making clamp on high output LEDs?
36'' perhaps
Hey there. Well the moonlights can be turned off . And yes, we are highly considering a 3' fixture. I've noticed a good amount of 3' tanks but very shallow. Not sure if we'd go RAY II or FugeRAY in that size.

And sorry, no clamp plans. New tooling would cost too much
Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #35
sayurasem
SCAPEr
 
sayurasem's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Posts: 2,558
Default

I thought Ray2 does not have any moonlight? Only FugeRay that does have moonlight. Guess I'm wrong.

These 12 Gallon long aquarium are about 9"H. So if the fixture is about 2" thick, it would be 11" from LED to bare bottom tank.

i.e Ray2,
My substrate is 1 1/2" thick so it would be 9 1/2" between Light and Substrate.
so I'm just eyeballing from your website it would be 100-110 PAR?
(Sorry I can't read 3D chart)
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #36
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
I thought Ray2 does not have any moonlight? Only FugeRay that does have moonlight. Guess I'm wrong.

These 12 Gallon long aquarium are about 9"H. So if the fixture is about 2" thick, it would be 11" from LED to bare bottom tank.

i.e Ray2,
My substrate is 1 1/2" thick so it would be 9 1/2" between Light and Substrate.
so I'm just eyeballing from your website it would be 100-110 PAR?
(Sorry I can't read 3D chart)

You are correct, only the FugeRay has the small moonlight LEDs.

And for the Ray 2 with regards to your particular set up, you're looking at around the PAR you listed .
Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #37
Dgup
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83
Default

The 18" model looks promising, are there plans for just a 7000k light? Am I able to turn off a row of 10K or Ace. lights?

Cheers.
Dgup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #38
dxiong5
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
dxiong5's Avatar
 
PTrader: (56/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 800
Default

Any plans for 30" models? FugeRay or Ray II?
__________________
-Donny
dxiong5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #39
TexasCichlid
Surrounded by Blyxa
 
TexasCichlid's Avatar
 
PTrader: (27/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,504
Default

So the 24 inch Ray II is approximately PAR equivalent to a single T5HO with a reasonable reflector? Trying to figure out if this unit would be sufficient for growing HC carpet in my 60P. edit -- seems slightly less. Any plans on doing an actual grow light unit for high light needs?
TexasCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #40
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgup View Post
The 18" model looks promising, are there plans for just a 7000k light? Am I able to turn off a row of 10K or Ace. lights?

Cheers.
We may do a full 7000k in the future. ATM both 7000k/10000k must be on at the same time.
__________________

Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #41
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiong5 View Post
Any plans for 30" models? FugeRay or Ray II?
Sorry there, a 3' and 4' will most likely be up next.
__________________

Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #42
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCichlid View Post
So the 24 inch Ray II is approximately PAR equivalent to a single T5HO with a reasonable reflector? Trying to figure out if this unit would be sufficient for growing HC carpet in my 60P. edit -- seems slightly less. Any plans on doing an actual grow light unit for high light needs?
How deep is a 60P and where did you read these are comparable to a single HO T5 if you don't mind me asking?

__________________

Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (33/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gone
Posts: 5,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
We are in the process of developing some LED Light fixtures. They're high powered LED bars...

My question to you is:

-How important are blue moonlights to you?
-Is a row of 7100k & 10000k LEDs acceptable to you plant heads? We feel the combo of 10k puts off a more pleasing tone without sacrificing too much useful light.
Not interested in Moon light at all.

Yes, 7100: & 10K would work.


- I'd like to see all future LED systems offer with a Dimable capability. That would offer us options for Low & High light planted tanks. Also, the option for mid day peak levels.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #44
Lowe
Finnex
 
Lowe's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Not interested in Moon light at all.

Yes, 7100: & 10K would work.


- I'd like to see all future LED systems offer with a Dimable capability. That would offer us options for Low & High light planted tanks. Also, the option for mid day peak levels.
Hey there. Long time no talk, how's that tank build you mentioned at the SWAP in Feb?

As for dimmable LEDS, let me speak to our manufacturer to see how much of a price increase those units of RAY II would incur.
__________________

Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #45
TexasCichlid
Surrounded by Blyxa
 
TexasCichlid's Avatar
 
PTrader: (27/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,504
Default

60p is 14 inches deep. I was looking at the 3D chart and was having trouble reading it. Still, any plans on a higher intensity version?
TexasCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012