Marcels' driftwood find, please vote. - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

View Poll Results: Which way looks better?
Photo A 12 48.00%
Photo B 11 44.00%
Cut it and make it Smaller 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2003, 06:08 PM   #16
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Nope, didn't cut it. The long leg in photo B is at the back left side of the tank, covered by the bacopa. I kinda needed to leave it because it acts as the third leg of the tripod. Theres a cave under the whole left side of the piece. You can't really see it in the crappy picture. Also I planted red crypt behind the hollow center section which is maybe why it appears that the left section is gone. I'll be rearranging the background with green plants to highlight the wood and moving the red plants to the sides so they dont dissappear into the wood.

Marcel
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #17
fishpoop
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to fishpoop

takeing wood from a Canadian provincial park can get you in a lot of trouble. Our parks are protected ecosystems, if everyone took from the parks, they would not last long. Even decaying wood is important
for the decomposers and nutrient replenisment ect. you probably know more about ecology then I do. maby American parks are not ment for sustainabliity
fishpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:04 AM   #18
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

:lol:

Hey fishpoop,
While I agree that there are certain items that should not ever be removed from the eco-system ANYWHERE in the world, I see no problems arising from taking small pieces of "dead" wood from the parks or forests...

Unless you aint got many woods in Canada? :shock:
You could send 10,000 people into that park and when they are done the only thing you are missing is some dead trees.

If ya need a piece of dead water logged lumber just shoot me a mail ... we got tons of pieces in the lil ole state of Connecticut we could do without ...

Buck the Lumber Pirate
Old 09-14-2003, 12:55 AM   #19
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Hell, it can't be any worse than not wearing your seat belt ,which I do everyday.

A wise friend of mine once said "If your gonna break the law, make sure you're only breaking one law at a time." So I figure I'll wear my seatbelt as I'm driving home from the park with some driftwood :P

Marcel
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote