april Philly swap meet - Page 10
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #136
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
hey steve thanks for Dwarf lettuce
how can i raise this plant well like u ??
do i need filter? light or sunshine? how can i set up a tank to raise this plant well???
Joon, Most floating plants do better with less water flow. So if you have sponge filter tanks (which I know you do) that's a great place to grow floaters. Sometimes Water Lettuce will melt pretty bad when you transfer it from tank to tank. I've no luck shipping it so I stopped trying. If it melts all it takes is one piece to survive and you'll have more than you know what to do with shortly. No special care is needed. The more nutrients you have in the water, the longer the roots will grow.
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #137
GitMoe
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Friend of mine went to Reef today. He said they have CPDs in stock if anybody is looking for an amazing nano fish. $7/each which isn't a terrible price. I might run over there Wednesday and hope they have some. My male died before I had a chance to breed them. Left with 3 females...
GitMoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #138
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

all i can think about since i was at jimmys restraunt is SCRAPPLE SANDWITCH!!
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:34 AM   #139
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitMoe View Post
Joon, Most floating plants do better with less water flow. So if you have sponge filter tanks (which I know you do) that's a great place to grow floaters. Sometimes Water Lettuce will melt pretty bad when you transfer it from tank to tank. I've no luck shipping it so I stopped trying. If it melts all it takes is one piece to survive and you'll have more than you know what to do with shortly. No special care is needed. The more nutrients you have in the water, the longer the roots will grow.
Yep...just give it light and nutrients and it will spread like duckweed. In my opinion it's not picky at all. But like Joe said...sometimes the output of the hang on back filters pushes it around too much and causes it to flip over but if you have the water line all the way to the top then the current just pushes it around.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #140
ThinkTank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Here are pics of the stems i'm giving away.
around 50 ludwigia red, 15ish Hygro 'tiger' and a buttload of mixed rotala's

Also, most of the microsword (macrosword? It got pretty tall emersed...) and 3/4's of the DHG is up for grabs (container with both is 15"x10").

And 3/4 of the HM (5"x8" container).

I'm basically just keeping enough for myself to start new trays.

Not sure who all was at the meet - send me a PM with what you want and i'll split it up as evenly as I can between everyone who wants it.

Please let me know by Wednesday night if possible. I may ship Thursday. Friday at latest.
just dropped the packages in the mail for those who wanted something. let me know if they arrive ok.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote