My Review: SunSun "Outside Filter" HW-302 - Page 41
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #601
Vanryker
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 1
Default

I have a 120 gal tank for my 2 Red Eared slider turtles who I love to death.
Just bought a 120 gallon tank and fixing it up for them as they have lived 5 years in a 30-40 gal. tank and I feel so sorry for them. I have read this whole forum on the Sunsun filter. It looks just like the one on this link http://www.truaqua.com/aquatop-canis...-cf-500uv.html Has anyone bought this one yet looks just like it at a fraction of the cost, mind you I don't know what the shipping will be and if I overpay and order from them I hear the customer service is great and you can order all extra filler for the filter from them. More expensive than [Ebay Link Removed]

Please let me know if anybody has this set up on this large of a tank, and for turtles. Thanks. Greatly appreciated. Would be going for the 4 or 5 stage filter from aquatop which I am sure I can fine on [Ebay Link Removed]

Thank you again,
Vanryker
Vanryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #602
sevenyearnight
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
sevenyearnight's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanryker View Post
I have a 120 gal tank for my 2 Red Eared slider turtles who I love to death.
Just bought a 120 gallon tank and fixing it up for them as they have lived 5 years in a 30-40 gal. tank and I feel so sorry for them. I have read this whole forum on the Sunsun filter. It looks just like the one on this link http://www.truaqua.com/aquatop-canis...-cf-500uv.html Has anyone bought this one yet looks just like it at a fraction of the cost, mind you I don't know what the shipping will be and if I overpay and order from them I hear the customer service is great and you can order all extra filler for the filter from them. More expensive than [Ebay Link Removed]

Please let me know if anybody has this set up on this large of a tank, and for turtles. Thanks. Greatly appreciated. Would be going for the 4 or 5 stage filter from aquatop which I am sure I can fine on [Ebay Link Removed]

Thank you again,
Vanryker
I have one CF500 on a 75 gallon, you could probably get away with one, but for turtles, I'd consider 2.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
__________________



Ram Biotope
sevenyearnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #603
JeoSo
Algae Grower
 
JeoSo's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 34
Default

Is that the same as the Sunsun HW304B here?http://www.americanaquariumproducts....terFilter.html

The shipping is the same for me, but the Sunsun is $30 cheaper.
JeoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #604
sevenyearnight
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
sevenyearnight's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeoSo View Post
Is that the same as the Sunsun HW304B here?http://www.americanaquariumproducts....terFilter.html

The shipping is the same for me, but the Sunsun is $30 cheaper.
I'm pretty sure they come from the same factory in China

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
__________________



Ram Biotope
sevenyearnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #605
sevenyearnight
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
sevenyearnight's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 437
Default

It's whatever one has a claimed 530 gallons per hour.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
__________________



Ram Biotope
sevenyearnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #606
Duane
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 1
Default

There is a clear round piece in the return side with a flapper on it. Does it need to stay in or be taken out?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #607
In.a.Box
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
There is a clear round piece in the return side with a flapper on it. Does it need to stay in or be taken out?
It stay in.
That piece is there to block backflow.
In.a.Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #608
starfire12
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
starfire12's Avatar
 
PTrader: (32/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burlington, Washington
Posts: 538
Default

I also have one of these filters. I purchased mine from a site online for under sixty shipped. It was listed as the CF-300 I have it installed on my 46 gallon tank and it works great have not touched it but once to rinse it out durning a bacterial bloom. I just wish that it had come with more media.
starfire12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #609
J-flynn
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Warsop mansfield
Posts: 1
Default

If anyone can't find any parts for these then try wiltec in Germany they stock all the spare parts it took me ages to find and the only one I can find
J-flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #610
Azarakiah
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: east syracuse NY
Posts: 251
Default

i didnt buy the offbrand (sun sun) the build of it is complete garbage get an actual aquatop one better built and has all replacement parts on their website also. if u look on youtube theres a vid that shows the difference in how well they are built
Azarakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #611
Azarakiah
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: east syracuse NY
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarakiah View Post
i didnt buy the offbrand (sun sun) the build of it is complete garbage get an actual aquatop one better built and has all replacement parts on their website also. if u look on youtube theres a vid that shows the difference in how well they are built
i got the cf-500uv like 2 months ago, not one problem with it, and i love it. i have it on a 35 hex. full power.
Azarakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #612
Sugardaddy1979
Sic em
 
Sugardaddy1979's Avatar
 
PTrader: (12/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarakiah View Post
i didnt buy the offbrand (sun sun) the build of it is complete garbage get an actual aquatop one better built and has all replacement parts on their website also. if u look on youtube theres a vid that shows the difference in how well they are built
I watched that video. I think he managed to get a knock off of the sunsun. The aquatop IS the sunsun. I have a sunsun. Has the three prong plug etc etc. No difference at all.
__________________
Sunsun Pimp Club Member #068
Sugardaddy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #613
Azarakiah
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: east syracuse NY
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardaddy1979 View Post
I watched that video. I think he managed to get a knock off of the sunsun. The aquatop IS the sunsun. I have a sunsun. Has the three prong plug etc etc. No difference at all.
nope i got the good one, and its an aquatop one had aquatop stickers with it along with catalog also even called aquatop the day it was getting here b4 it got here cuz i was nervous i was fonna get the junk one nope. got my aquatop
Azarakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #614
Aquaticfan
Wannabe Guru
 
Aquaticfan's Avatar
 
PTrader: (12/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,200
Default

Running 2 CF500uv on my 90 gallon.
running a CF300 on my 29 gallon
Running a CF400uv on my 46 bow front
Running a CF400uv on my 55 gallon

No issues so far after quite a bit of service time.
__________________
Sun Sun pimp #72
RAOK CLUB # 68

Conway
Aquaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #615
Wulfyn
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarakiah View Post
i didnt buy the offbrand (sun sun) the build of it is complete garbage get an actual aquatop one better built and has all replacement parts on their website also. if u look on youtube theres a vid that shows the difference in how well they are built
The point of the thread or rather the intent was to give other members an insight to sunsun via actual users experiences. Multiple branding items is common now from my observations. Just a matter is making little visual changes usually slap on different labels adjust packaging yada yada. Do you actually have experience with the sunsun? If not you shouldn't have posted such negative comments on sunsun. Personally I think aqua top looks like sunsun or vice versa.

Anyhow, curious as to how the sunsuns are holding up and what the new model #'s are.
Wulfyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012