n00dl3's 180G Rare Crypts Collectoritis Journal - New Update 4-7-2013 - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #166
looking4roselines
Wannabe Guru
 
looking4roselines's Avatar
 
PTrader: (112/99%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dl3 View Post
LOL... you musta like my thread a lot!
I like this thread and it's one of my favorite subscribed threads but it was actually a fat finger on tapatalk lol
looking4roselines is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #167
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
PTrader: (30/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dl3 View Post
Thanks! You can always setup another tank to get more crypts.
I have plenty of tanks but the cash flow is a little lacking! My newly acquired C. Bullosa is growing quite fast, surprisingly. New leaf only after like two weeks! If only the other two would grow as fast..
__________________
manualfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #168
looking4roselines
Wannabe Guru
 
looking4roselines's Avatar
 
PTrader: (112/99%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,288
Default

How is your c bullosa bario doing? experience any sign of melt?
looking4roselines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #169
n00dl3
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (91/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4roselines View Post
How is your c bullosa bario doing? experience any sign of melt?
I have been really busy at work and home. So I haven't get a chance to take any pictures of the c. bullosa bario and c fusca "central kalimantan". So far there is no sign of any melting. They seem to be acclimating to my tank very well.

I might post some pictures this weekend if I get some free time.
n00dl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #170
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
PTrader: (30/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dl3 View Post
I have been really busy at work and home. So I haven't get a chance to take any pictures of the c. bullosa bario and c fusca "central kalimantan". So far there is no sign of any melting. They seem to be acclimating to my tank very well.

I might post some pictures this weekend if I get some free time.
No melt here either!
__________________
manualfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #171
looking4roselines
Wannabe Guru
 
looking4roselines's Avatar
 
PTrader: (112/99%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
No melt here either!
That is awesome! great to hear guys!
looking4roselines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #172
Hcancino
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (20/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 633
Default

Well it's official, I want a crypt tank now! Now where to find some of this elusive c. flamingo...
Hcancino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #173
sketch804
Wannabe Guru
 
sketch804's Avatar
 
PTrader: (44/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcancino View Post
Well it's official, I want a crypt tank now! Now where to find some of this elusive c. flamingo...
Well to find that plant is easier said than done to say the least..the last batch of people I knew that got that plant only had like a 75% or less chance to get it to live..and even then I have not seen one grow to it's full potential..It's an expensive plant for one, and also VERY hard to find here in the US for two..I have never heard of anyone that grows and sells this..GOOD LUCK to you for real, I only hope the best..

But a crypt tank is awesome! I have a good portion of my tank stuffed with crypts and love it..I actually just harvested like 25 c. spirals from my main tank! it was insane how much they propagated!
sketch804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #174
Jill
Algae Grower
 
Jill's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 59
Default

The tank looks great. I noticed you have ginga rubras, and I have been DYING for some. Do you have any babies for sale yet? Or can you tell me who to contact to pick some up? I know they're pricey, but are the most gorgeous guppies I've ever seen.
__________________
Just getting back into the hobby of fish-keeping. Hoping to NOT end up with 7 tanks set-up this time.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #175
Hcancino
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (20/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
The tank looks great. I noticed you have ginga rubras, and I have been DYING for some. Do you have any babies for sale yet? Or can you tell me who to contact to pick some up? I know they're pricey, but are the most gorgeous guppies I've ever seen.
+1000 I want some too/where to get them
Hcancino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #176
n00dl3
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (91/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 988
Default

wow... I haven't update this thread over 1 month.

Quick update: I have been super busy with work and getting my house ready to be put on the market. All my tanks have been neglected. Everything is over grown and some algaes have developed. The tank is not really presentable right now. I need to off load lots of plants to get ready for the upcoming move.

Now I know why I never got into stem plants... too much maintenance!!! or they will take over your tank!!!

Sadly, I have officially lost all my C. Flamingo

Good news is I have tons of baby crypts to offer to everyone after one month or so of neglect.
n00dl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #177
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
manualfocus's Avatar
 
PTrader: (30/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dl3 View Post
wow... I haven't update this thread over 1 month.

Quick update: I have been super busy with work and getting my house ready to be put on the market. All my tanks have been neglected. Everything is over grown and some algaes have developed. The tank is not really presentable right now. I need to off load lots of plants to get ready for the upcoming move.

Now I know why I never got into stem plants... too much maintenance!!! or they will take over your tank!!!

Sadly, I have officially lost all my C. Flamingo

Good news is I have tons of baby crypts to offer to everyone after one month or so of neglect.
You're not leaving the hobby, are you? I think my C. Flamingo is definitely gone as well. I don't know why this species has been such a huge PITA to keep alive for everyone.

"Good news is I have tons of baby crypts to offer to everyone after one month or so of neglect." Interested!
__________________
manualfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #178
n00dl3
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (91/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualfocus View Post
You're not leaving the hobby, are you? I think my C. Flamingo is definitely gone as well. I don't know why this species has been such a huge PITA to keep alive for everyone.

"Good news is I have tons of baby crypts to offer to everyone after one month or so of neglect." Interested!
Nah... I won't be leaving the hobby. I am too much of a plant and aquarium nut.

I will need to downside on my collection for the move. It is a PITA to move with lots of live stocks... Good thing is my next house will be my 20 years house, so my plan is to build a really cool fish room.

Agree, I don't know why C. Flamingo is a PITA. In the future, I will be looking to do a group order for the C. Flamingo to try again.
n00dl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #179
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru
 
Fishies_in_Philly's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: phila., PA
Posts: 2,272
Default

I always seem to get my best growth when i neglect a tank for a few weeks, go figure. Any chance you'll have any rosanverig available? I might have a c. Cordata 'thailand' available for trade if interested.
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #180
looking4roselines
Wannabe Guru
 
looking4roselines's Avatar
 
PTrader: (112/99%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,288
Default

Once he moves to his new home, I am hoping that Hung will come back at full force with emersed setups

Good luck with everything man


Xue
looking4roselines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012