Anyone in the Miami / Ft Lauderdale area? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 03-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
xenxes
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

I might have some RAOK bettas soon if the eggs hatch and fry survive. Decided to breed my male/female pair on a whim. Will probably come out shades of pink-red-blue.

Currently have 16 mixed black/white platies juvies if anyone wants them. Another batch is about to pop, so it's off to a vodka dip or the freezer for the extra fish. Anyone know a LFS that will take unwanted fish?
xenxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #32
Chizpa305
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Hello I live in Kendall and thought it would be nice to know (at least via forum) some people nearby with interest in this hobby. I have got most of my plants from the Neighborhood FF, and just read about that other place called "The Planted Tank" I will check it out.

Just for the record, there is another place called Exotic Aquariums in 40th street. They have mostly salt water aquarium stuff, but they also have some things for freshwater. That is the only place where I could find some nice and colorful freshwater shrimps.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #33
II Knucklez II
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post
Hello I live in Kendall and thought it would be nice to know (at least via forum) some people nearby with interest in this hobby. I have got most of my plants from the Neighborhood FF, and just read about that other place called "The Planted Tank" I will check it out.

Just for the record, there is another place called Exotic Aquariums in 40th street. They have mostly salt water aquarium stuff, but they also have some things for freshwater. That is the only place where I could find some nice and colorful freshwater shrimps.
best bet is to get shrimp from some one on here or i have taiwan fire shrimp for sale if you like them
II Knucklez II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #34
GraphicGr8s
Pixel Prestidigitator

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post

How is the Neighborhood Fish Farm? Worth a trip from Tampa?
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
GraphicGr8s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #35
Chizpa305
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Knucklez II View Post
best bet is to get shrimp from some one on here or i have taiwan fire shrimp for sale if you like them
Lol I should have known that earlier!! I was looking everywhere for the shrimps. All I could find were the ghost shrimps. Until I finally bought a few at that store I mentioned. But just in case, how much would you sell them for?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #36
Chizpa305
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicGr8s View Post
How is the Neighborhood Fish Farm? Worth a trip from Tampa?
I gess that depends on how great is your interest. They have a good variety of fish and plants. I recommend you check out their website first. and if you click on the link that says "Our News", there you can see some of the plants and fish they have currently on stock, though not all are listed. That way you have an idea of what you might see there and then decide whether or not it is worth the trip.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
HKN
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

i'm in ft lauderdale (davie) ... i have a 34 gal and a 28 gal nano plant tanks ... 34 gal is a red sea max and the 28 gal is a jbj nano ... I would like to think i have a decent collection of plants =) which I got from members here and in other forums ...

I'm experimenting with metal halide on the 28 gal to grow ... so far so good, i noticed a much faster growth rate for all plants in general with metal halides ... hopefully i can start to share some of the plants I trimmed soon
HKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #38
xenxes
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

You guys need to check out the Planted Aquarium Store, great selection and good prices. Got 8 galaxy rasboras for $3/ea, ludwigia sp, telanthera, other red plants were about $2/bunch, nerites are $1-2 each! They have dwarf shrimp which are decently priced, rilis for $6 or so too, beats Neighborhood Fish Farm for nano/freshwater.
xenxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #39
charms
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxes View Post
You guys need to check out the Planted Aquarium Store, great selection and good prices. Got 8 galaxy rasboras for $3/ea, ludwigia sp, telanthera, other red plants were about $2/bunch, nerites are $1-2 each! They have dwarf shrimp which are decently priced, rilis for $6 or so too, beats Neighborhood Fish Farm for nano/freshwater.
Definitely +1 for the Planted Aquarium Store! They are always super nice and so helpful w/ any issues. I was in there 2 weeks ago and they had a mustard gas betta and a teal dumbo betta - they were gorgeous! I definitely think they have the best, healthiest selection of bettas around! And they hooked me up w/ a plant supplement starter kit - I bought a 3pk of the potassium, nitrogen & phosphorus and the kit had a bottle of flourish - SO NICE!! I like that they actually listen to you and are always mindful of the budget. I hope they are there for a long, long time!!

If you haven't gone yet - GO!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #40
JoeD323
Planted Member

I live on the Sunrise/Tamarac border and go to school at Nova down in Davie. Definitely agree that The Planted Aquarium store is a great place. I'm a regular customer there and at Allfish Emporium in Tamarac.

Right now I am down to one 30gal med-light high-tech project tank. I'm working on breeding otos and Sundadanio axelrodi in there. It's pretty heavily planted with various crypts and soon fissidens fontanus. I have a thread going on in the plants forum journaling a technique for attaching fiss to rock/wood right now.

Good to know there are more people around here who like planted tanks instead of the usual reefs all of my coworkers keep.

Joe
JoeD323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #41
fplata
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

plus one for Miami, soon to be looking for some shrimp. i am glad to see there are a couple folks down here
fplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #42
mannye
Algae Grower

Hello! Just got back into the hobby thanks to my kid bringing home a sad little betta from a fair. The bowl quickly became a 1 gal Mini-Bow, but now I'm working on a 6.6 planted bookshelf from petco with Flourite substrate. The threads on the unboxing, rear panel painting and future stuff are in the lo-tech forum.

Seems like maybe we could have enough people to do a little meet-up at The Planted Tank? I havent been there yet, but thanks to this forum I will get out there this weekend!
mannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #43
JohnB
Algae Grower

coconut creek here...just dirted a 20L for my livebearers. picked up planted at the planted aquarium store..great selection of plants.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #44
TrogdorSlayer22
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to TrogdorSlayer22

I'm in the area. I'm in Weston/Pembroke Pines. ALL of my tanks are planted, the only way to go :P
TrogdorSlayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #45
Unikorn
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

I'm in sunrise, fl. The best place for plants around here is All Pets Emporium. The staff there know their stuff and are very helpful. The tanks in their store are always clean and the variety of fresh water fish is larger than normal. They do have a large selection of salt water fish too. Does anyone know of any clubs to join for fish keeping in the area? I already belong to the aquatic society that was posted earlier I believe, as well as the forum AquariaCentral.

RIP20 gallon tank journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=223762

11.4 gallon rimless shrimp tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...97#post3763497
Unikorn is offline   Reply With Quote