Ok so Im here - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 08-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #16
Zach987
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

just looking for a few low light crypts or something in that area, I dont think I wil be setting up another high light tank

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Zach987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #17
aanderson09
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to aanderson09

why don't you get some crypts at the next aquarium meeting, let me double check this (it's my first time going), it's September 2nd at 7:00? and at Kuhio Elementry School? Can someone please give me their site with the directions
Old 08-23-2005, 06:20 AM   #18
Zach987
Planted Member

If anyone is bringing any to the auction I would be greatful.

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 08-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #19
timber
Algae Grower

Won't be making the meeting AGAIN, but I was planning on sending some plants with a friend. I got some wendtii floating around and some varieties of Java fern too. I got some extra Tonina and Eriocaulon to dispose of too. If you treat them right, they will grow in low light conditions...
timber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #20
Zach987
Planted Member

dibs on the Tonina.
Its amazing I used to go to the lake near my old house and just gather as many plants as I needed .

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 08-30-2005, 09:18 PM   #21
cousinkenni
Algae Grower

Zach,

I got some extra Cryptocoryne beckettii "petchii" sitting in one of my tanks if you like. It doesn't grow very big or fast for that matter. It gets maybe two inches in lenght if you are lucky. It's color is sort of olive green maybe with a little more tan color. If you want some and are going to the meeting, let me know ahead of time so I can bring it.

Ken T.
cousinkenni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #22
timber
Algae Grower

Zach,
here's a list of plants that I have collected here on Oahu:

Vallisneria sp.
Sagittaria sp.
Echinodorus sp.
Ceratophyllum demersum
Najas sp.
Anacharis
Riccia fluitans
Bacopa monnieri
Ludwigia palustris
various unknown mosses
Riccardia sp.
Hydrocotyle verticilliata
Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides
Ceratopteris thallictroides
marsilea villosa

There is a native Potamogeton that is supposed to be really nice but I have never been able to find it.

There are lots of floaters too but who wants those?

Sorry but I sold all of my extra Toninas ans Eriocaulons for now. I am sure that T. sp. Belem will make an appearance at the auction though.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #23
Honolulufishy
Algae Grower

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber
Pets Unlimited is not closing, their lease is up and are in the process of finding a new home. good riddance to that ghetto location, I don't know how many times I've been offered crystal meth and crack in their parking lot.
But . . . where else can I get my fish, meth, and crack all at the same place??? Sorry Aaron, couldn't resist.

Seriously (ahem) -- is there a HAS meeting this Friday (9/2/05)? I should probably go, and pay my renewal, even though I only show up once every year or two.
Eheim Pimp #70!

20G long: dwarf cichlids, sparkling gouramis, and a couple of kuhli loaches. 2 x 24W T5, DIY CO2, Eheim 2213.

75G: Cichlids, rainbows, gouramis, loaches, and tetras. 4 x 54W T5s + 2 x 55W PCs, pressurized CO2, Eheim 2213 & 2215
Honolulufishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2005, 05:08 AM   #24
timber
Algae Grower

Well Mr fishy, I think with your pimp'n skills you'll manage. We had our share of shady characters at PP when I worked there too...

There is a meeting this friday but it's going to be pretty boring. I suggest waiting for October, I here the program is going to be pretty interesting and the guy who is doing it is cool too

In all seriousness, if you do go to the meeting tomorrow, the board is going to have the membership vote on whether or not we are going to have an annual show. They are being really pessimistic about it and I fear they are going to sway the club into voting against it, which would be a shame. I don't really want to go into more detail but if you do attend the meeting, please vote YES for the annual show.

And regarding the Dicrossus, keep them with softer water as it makes all the difference. Using ADA aquasoil or Red Sea Florabase works wonders in softening our water here.

Sorry Zach for hijacking and pulling the thread off topic.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:25 AM   #25
Zach987
Planted Member

no worries, i have hijacked many of thread in my time here.

Does this mean I have to wait to get clippings from the auction for another month, or is there an auction every month?
If you ever feel like going collecting give me a hollar. I always need some more time underwater.

regards,

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 09-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #26
aanderson09
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to aanderson09

I went to the HAS meeting for my first time, I was the new blonde white kid, I didn't get anything but after the meeting someone was nice enough to give me a Tonina as soon as I got home, I put it into a .25 gallon betta bowl, and put over it 27 watts of light it'll be staying in that until my 20gallon tank is up and running
Old 09-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #27
cousinkenni
Algae Grower

Hey aanderson09,

I must admit, you did stick out like a ! Just kidding . Next time I see you I will introduce myself. I saw you bidding on a couple items with a blue junoir plate if I am not mistaken. Does this mean that you joined the club?

The same goes for you. If you ever want any plants that I may have, just let me know.

Ken T.
cousinkenni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.