Great Plants! Not so great place!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 09-02-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
frmrreefr
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to frmrreefr
Talking

Great Plants! Not so great place!

Well I decided to stop into the Petsmart on East Colonial and Semoran on Tuesday, just to see what's new. Well what's new is that they now carry Eheim products, and an interesting selection of plants! I left with 2 pots of giant hairgrass, 1 Crypt (bronze wendtii), baby tears(?) and one that looks a heckuva lot like Tonina but it's not and I still don't know what it is. All in all I would say that I was shocked to see such an assortment of plants in a crappy place like that! They said they needed to "expand" their plant offering and would be bringing in more and more plants with an emphasis on different species! WOOHOO!!! I guess we have a new "plant depot" in town!

If anyone needs directions let me know....

Eheim Pimp Club #108

20 Gal High, Pressurized Co2, Eheim Ecco 2231 (double duty as a Co2 reactor), 2x55 Current USA 10k's in Coralife Housing, Flourite 2" substrate.

Rotala indica, Potomageton gayii, Anubias barteri var. "Nana", Echinodorus bleheri var."Compacta", Glossostigma elatinoides

5 Blue tetras, 5 Bleeding heart tetras, 5 Black neon tetras, breeding pair of flame gourami....
frmrreefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
BSS
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

I stumbled into that location about a year back. I was actually surprised at the size of their fish collections. Picked meself up some interesting Botias at the time. Their plant seletion was pretty standard at the time. Glad to hear they might be expanding that department.

As to babytears, if yours doesn't survive, PM me. There is a pond just out behind my house that has both M. umbrosum (babytears) and H. micranthemoides (pearlgrass). But...it might cost you a brew and some time staring at my tank .

Brian.

P.S. I saw your endlers (per Andrew) up at Ocean Blue the other day. Nice lookin' fish!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
frmrreefr
Planted Member

The Endler's had to go! They multiply like a virus! And worst of all they were being picked on by my angels and I couldn't let that go on, so I shipped 'em to a better place.

BTW, I could think of worse things to be doing than staring at an awesome tank drinkin some cold ones! LMK when and I'll bring over the brews!

P.S. That amazon I got from ya has turned into a MONSTER!!! It's a good 20-24 inches in circumference. It flowers at least once a week putting out sprays of pure white flowers, about 8-10 to a stem.

Eheim Pimp Club #108

20 Gal High, Pressurized Co2, Eheim Ecco 2231 (double duty as a Co2 reactor), 2x55 Current USA 10k's in Coralife Housing, Flourite 2" substrate.

Rotala indica, Potomageton gayii, Anubias barteri var. "Nana", Echinodorus bleheri var."Compacta", Glossostigma elatinoides

5 Blue tetras, 5 Bleeding heart tetras, 5 Black neon tetras, breeding pair of flame gourami....
Old 09-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
Mellyn
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Mellyn

I was at that Petsmart not too long ago. I saw three large blue gourami in their plant tank. They were so pretty! I wonder what happened to them...

I wish the WaterfordLakes Petsmart carried better plants. They have a pretty pitiful plant selection.
Mellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #5
frmrreefr
Planted Member

Was it in that new glass tank that they have in front of their "stepped" plant tanks? That's where all of the new plants were. I was so shocked when I saw giant hairgrass in there that I had to make sure they weren't just holding it for someone! I wish they would give the plants a proper home in the meantime before they get sold. That blue gravel is hideous and there is no Co2 injection! Seriously though, I think I'm going there at least once a week just to see what's new.... Who knows Mellyn, maybe the WL petsmart will get with the program!

Eheim Pimp Club #108