Visiting Queens NY
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 08-18-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
jesstray
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Visiting Queens NY

Hello everyone. I am currently doing some work in Flushing Queens for two weeks and would like to know where I could find a some LFS that are closeby. I am staying at the Extended Stay America on Whitestone Blvd (near the Bronx-Whitestone bridge) and would like to know which shops are close to me. Thanks in advance.

FILSTAR Pimp #24!!! (XP3)

75g Planted, 10lb CO2, 2x65Watt PC, 2x40Watt OD Fl,
20lbs eco, 70lbs SMS Charcaol, dose w/PMDD,
ph 6.4, temp 84 degF, hardness 50-80ppm, Alk 40, NO3=5ppm, NO2/NH3-N = 0,
4-Amazon Swds, 10 Ammania gracilis, 1-Red Tiger Lotus, Red Cabomba, Rotala wallichii, Glosso, Javamoss, & Misc
jesstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
Lissette
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

I'm not too familiar with lfs in Queens that cater to planted tanks, except for 2, Paradise Aquarium, located in Ridgewood, near Fresh Pond Road. And Aquatic Creations, which is near the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, but close to Sunnyside Queens.

If you just want any lfs, I'm sure that there are plenty around the neighborhood, just check the Internet Yellow Pages, and do a search.

HTH

Lissette
Lissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesstray
Hello everyone. I am currently doing some work in Flushing Queens for two weeks and would like to know where I could find a some LFS that are closeby. I am staying at the Extended Stay America on Whitestone Blvd (near the Bronx-Whitestone bridge) and would like to know which shops are close to me. Thanks in advance.
Check out Fishtown U.S.A. on Northern Blvd and Francis Lewis Blvd. If you're driving from Whitestone...15 minutes no traffic?

Then if you're coming over the Van Wyck...right on the corner of Northern Blvd and _____. Sorry, I forget the name of the street, but it's one small block away from Northern and Main Street. Not too much plants here though, better off with Fishtown U.S.A.
eeng168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
jesstray
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I went to Fishtown USA and that place is awsome. The prices on their fish is unbelievable. I pay 4 times that amount in atlanta. I could not believe that they had discus for $10. I am tempted to buy some and bring them back on the plane with me (lol).

I don't see how they are able to sell livestock at such low prices. I am seriously going to see if there is someway that I can purchase some fish and bring it back with me to atlanta. Thanks for pointing that store out to me.

FILSTAR Pimp #24!!! (XP3)

75g Planted, 10lb CO2, 2x65Watt PC, 2x40Watt OD Fl,
20lbs eco, 70lbs SMS Charcaol, dose w/PMDD,
ph 6.4, temp 84 degF, hardness 50-80ppm, Alk 40, NO3=5ppm, NO2/NH3-N = 0,
4-Amazon Swds, 10 Ammania gracilis, 1-Red Tiger Lotus, Red Cabomba, Rotala wallichii, Glosso, Javamoss, & Misc
jesstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesstray
I went to Fishtown USA and that place is awsome. The prices on their fish is unbelievable. I pay 4 times that amount in atlanta. I could not believe that they had discus for $10. I am tempted to buy some and bring them back on the plane with me (lol).

I don't see how they are able to sell livestock at such low prices. I am seriously going to see if there is someway that I can purchase some fish and bring it back with me to atlanta. Thanks for pointing that store out to me.

The price on the dicus is cheap but I don't believe the quality is that good. I may be wrong since I'm not into discus, I was just basing it on color. There's a lot of breeders in L.I. that you can buy direct and you can get all different kinds of strands. If you look in the back of the magazine, I think the initial is FAMA, I forget the full title, you should see a listing of breeders.
eeng168 is offline   Reply With Quote