Concord pet shops?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New Hampshire

Old 04-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
Vumeter

PTrader: (0/0%)

Concord pet shops?

I visit the in-laws in Concord from time to time and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for pet shops within 10 min of Concord. Or anything along the way from Boston. I have Boston and everything south of it covered.

Thanks.
Vumeter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
WetChicken

I just joined, so this isn't very timely but could be helpful in the future.

There are no pet shops in Concord that are privately owned, just chain stores.

Petco, Ft. Eddy Road. I-393 exit 1, right off the ramp onto Ft. Eddy Rd. At the 2nd light, turn right, and left at the stop sign. Follow around the front of the bldg.

PetSmart, Loudon Road. I-393 exit 3, right off the ramp onto 106, and right at the first light onto Loudon Road. Right at the 2nd light (across from Wal*Mart) and left at the first intersection, on the right.

I used Petco for years, but was never really happy with them due to their fish and plant quality and selection. Once Petsmart opened I have been going there since except for a couple of occaisions.

I hear that Wal*Mart has a fish section, but I can not confirm since I don't do Wal*Mart.

Jason
WetChicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
zugzwang

Depending on what you are looking for I have a couple recommendations, no chains, and on the way back to Boston via the scenic route. Let me know if you want more info.
Temple Emporium, West Rd., Temple off rte 45; no salt ever, healthy fish and plants handpicked by owner.Tanks not on a central filtration.
The Fish Bowl, Milford, rte 101 on Milford oval; will custom order, carries salt and brackish fish as well as nice healthy selection of Africans.
Not exactly Concord but on the way
Cheryl
Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Powchekny
Planted Tank Obsessed

I love the Temple Emporium! Run by a nice woman who runs the shop out of the basement of her home in the woods. Definitely the most out-of-the-way pet shop you'll ever visit.

Nice fish. I think you'd have a much lower chance of introducing a disease into your tanks if you shop there. The fish have been there for weeks if not months in many cases. She had some emperor tetras there last time that were huge by pet store standards.

Also don't forget Jay's aquatics in Salem (NH) right off 93. They have a greatly expanded selection of freshwater gear and fish since my visit a few years ago. Prices not bad, and a few plants.

Loads of marine stuff. They also stock what looks like the full New Life Spectrum Line.

http://www.jaysaquatics.net/
Powchekny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
maxridesmtb
Algae Grower

I second the thumbs up on Jay's aquatics. Visit / call if you're ever in search for drift wood. Best priced and looking pieces around. Pet supplies in Londonderry is an excellent shop too. They have hard to get NW cichlids, a healthy selection of marine fish, a very impressive NEW pair of frag tanks, and knowledgeable staff. As far as planted tanks go, they can meet all your dosing, lighting, water, low - med light (common plant), and substrate needs.
maxridesmtb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
Powchekny
Planted Tank Obsessed

I never knew there was a good pet store in Londonderry. Whereabouts is it?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
maxridesmtb
Algae Grower

*pets plus. It's where 128 and 102 intersect. The same plaza as right aid. It's worth a trip. They have some normally hard to get fish like peacock bass, aerowana , keyholes, a range of discus, altums, stingrays.... They also have a pretty steady supply of locally bred Africans. From Nashua eh? I am as well. Grew up in Crown Hill.
maxridesmtb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Powchekny
Planted Tank Obsessed

Great, thanks for the information! I'll be stopping by as soon as I'm in the area again.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
TheWonderfulWub
Algae Grower

If you ever get up a little further north towards the Upper Valley and Lebanon area, stop in at the Lebanon Pet Center. We have a pretty decent selection of fish and plants.
TheWonderfulWub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
Powchekny
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWonderfulWub View Post
If you ever get up a little further north towards the Upper Valley and Lebanon area, stop in at the Lebanon Pet Center. We have a pretty decent selection of fish and plants.
Maybe when I go to visit your nifty bog up there to see the carnivorous plants. Philbrick-Cricenti bog? Not sure of the name or the spelling.

I did stop at Pets Plus in Londonderry. They've definitely geared it towards the real hobbyist to some degree, rather than just the casual "I want a goldfish" fish buyer. They had some nifty plants, Full line of New Life Spectrum food, and live food like brine shrimp and even algae to feed brine shrimp cultures.

Also a selection of high quality food for cats and dogs.

Neat place - I'll definitely be back.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
TheWonderfulWub
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powchekny View Post
Maybe when I go to visit your nifty bog up there to see the carnivorous plants. Philbrick-Cricenti bog? Not sure of the name or the spelling.
You've got it right. It's a really cool place to visit, just wait until the warmer weather to check it out. You won't be disappointed.
TheWonderfulWub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.