Hello everyone!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
beginragnarok
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few months, posted a few times and realized I have not introduced myself. Name is Zach, username is beginragnarok - Ragnarok being the end-all restart-all (kind of) war in Norse mythology between the gods and Giants and every type of monster those drunkard Vikings could think of.

I purchased my first aquarium mid-December an Aqeueon 26 G bowfront. I very quickly noticed the equiptment that came with it was more designed for a 10-15G. So I got myself a Fluval 206 filter and a 100 W Fluval M series heater. I had an E-series...not happy with it long story short a refund is in the works. A ZooMed dual T5 HO Recently I added a Koralia Nano 460 powerhead. The substrate is red Flourite capped with light colored river rock. The plants in this tank are Water Sprite, Hygrophila sp. "Japan", Sunset Hygrophila, Bacopa Salzamannii, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Flame moss, Narrow Leaf Anacharis, Baby Tears, Red Melon Sword(which may actually be pinwheel Sword, not pictured). Also four Paleatus Corydoras, Four male Red Dragon Guppies, a mess of RCS, a few different types of Nerites and MTS. Love my cories so much, they freakin' fart after digesting their atmospheric gasses, too funny.

I wish this was a 72 G Bowfront...
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2386.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	43772

My 10G has gone though many chages scince I got it about two months ago it has the whisper 20 filter from the 26g purchase, 100 W all-glass heater and a Koralia nano 240 powerhead and 2 X 14 W 5K "daylight" cfl s in the stock hood for lighting. A screw up with Osmocote+ caps later... after completly replacing the Flourite it was back in business. I have three Otocinclus cats in it along with RCS. I like RCS they are cool to watch.The plants I have in it are Water Violet (just got it) Subwassertang, Riccia Fluitans, Frogbit, Glossostigma and some stems from the 26G. It is coming along but I will be doing a bit of scaping this weekend with some more lava rock I got today from the local landscape suplier. A few foothills will be added with tabletops for plants to grow from. Yeah so thats more or less my set up right now. I am doing DIY CO2 it is a bit of a PITA, will be getting a pressurized set up soon.Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2382.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	43773
beginragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)

Wow Zach, it looks like you lurked long enough to get some good research done. Your tanks are looking really good! I am really impressed with what youve got going in both of them. Once you get your pressurized setup I bet you change your scapes again It opens up alot of different plants that are hard to keep without it. And BTW, welcome to the forum!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
Daximus
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Good stuff!

Welcome!
Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Robert H
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

nice looking tank