Majstor`s tub pond - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Ponds

Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
majstor76
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I am writing series of articles about pond equipment, for local aquarium forum, and i need a photo of bottom drain to put it in the article. So if anyone has his own closeup picture of bottom drain and would like to share please post it here or sent it to my pm.

Im also making plans for this year about making big pond, here is what it would look like:

majstor76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
menoseloso
Algae Grower

man wow. that looks totally amazing. I really love that idea of the connecting pond that looks natural. what are you planning on stocking in it? how about flora? what type of substrate? MGOCPS with clay? that would really get anything growing especially with sunlight. again, nice plans you got there!!
menoseloso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
Kworker
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

This makes me dream of my fantasy indoor pond with a huge school of clown loaches and lots of other schooling fish .. and a sea world style horizontal viewing window.. lol. Your layout looks awesome
Kworker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
majstor76
Planted Tank Obsessed

This is current situation

And this is plan

That smaller pond will be shallow bog, connected on same level with semi deep canal and deep pond with a slope going deeper (5ft) away from house. That wood deck will be about 2-3 feet over the pond for hiding equipment. That deck closer to house will be with bricks and theres 2-3 steps for going to lower lever (brick deck will be higher). For privacy screen ill use Virginiana 'Skyrocket'. Its narrow and tall.
For the fauna ill want some kois and maybe some regular goldies and for plants irises, water lily, cyperus papyrus and such. Filtration i intend to use the lower the possible with light fish load. Filtration pit will probaby be below that wood deck.
Pond and bog will have concrete collar with red bricks for paving and dont know yet for that walk... Maybe bricks too, will see
Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
majstor76
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by menoseloso View Post
what type of substrate? MGOCPS with clay? that would really get anything growing especially with sunlight. again, nice plans you got there!!
We dont have mgocps here. For my tubpod i just used clay from basement (very clean, didnt see sky from the 60s) with very good results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.