philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 13
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #181
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPlakat View Post
Anyone interested in trading some swordtails for some plants? I picked up some red and white swords from lotsoffish off aquabid, but I've lost interested in them. Plus I think they're probably eating any of the fry that my platies are producing....and I like those platies! I have about 4 or 5, one of them is a young fish only about an inch, but he's really colorful. Would be willing to trade for a couple nice rhizomes of anubias, java fern, or whatever else you have that I might like
i had those as a kid. loved 'em back then, unfortunately, i grew out of it...lol they are cool little fish though. hope you find a good home for them.

on a side not, anyone have any assassin snail to sell or trade? i needs me a hitman!! the mts and ramshorns are starting to get out of control in my ebi
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #182
moonwasaloon
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hey. I was just at Aquarium Center and I'm pretty sure they had them. I got 4 amano shrimp there. They also had nerites there.
moonwasaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #183
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwasaloon View Post
Hey. I was just at Aquarium Center and I'm pretty sure they had them. I got 4 amano shrimp there. They also had nerites there.
ooooooohhh......nerites?? maybe they would cure my bba issues. ok, so they won't cure my snail prob, but they should help with one problem. baby steps
Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #184
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
ooooooohhh......nerites?? maybe they would cure my bba issues. ok, so they won't cure my snail prob, but they should help with one problem. baby steps
Bill...excel with solve your BBA problem sort term and Siamese Algae Eaters will solve it long term. I've had my entire 75 gallon covered in BBA while I was away and my Dad had the lights on 24/7. I dosed excel and picked all the big clumps off my plants and the SAE took care of the rest for me.

Oh and if you ever need some plants, let me know and I can bag them up for you and have your wife pick them up. If she works in secane, then it would be no more than 10 minutes out of her way to come grab some plants before she head home.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #185
ElBoltonero
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Yeah I just got assassins at Aquarium Center a couple of weeks ago.
ElBoltonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #186
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Bill...excel with solve your BBA problem sort term and Siamese Algae Eaters will solve it long term. I've had my entire 75 gallon covered in BBA while I was away and my Dad had the lights on 24/7. I dosed excel and picked all the big clumps off my plants and the SAE took care of the rest for me.

Oh and if you ever need some plants, let me know and I can bag them up for you and have your wife pick them up. If she works in secane, then it would be no more than 10 minutes out of her way to come grab some plants before she head home.
i know sae's love bba, i had thought of them, but they also love to eat baby shrimpies too. and adults when they get bigger :-( i've been double dosing excel the past couple of days, now just have to play the waiting game.

i could normally deal with it and not get frustrated, but it has attacked 3 of my "gooder" crypts. they are REAL slow growers and are still juveniles. i don;t want to remove the leaves because on 2 of them, i would only have 1 leaf left, and that would be like starting again from the rhizome, and that sucks!!

and i have already been warning Satan (her pet name) that she might be spending some time being a courier. LOL she grumbled until i reminded her that she wants a tank and she's gonna need plants. and would she rather pay for hers? or just pick them out of my tanks? problem solved!!!LOL
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #187
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've never heard of SAE eating shrimp, but I guess I won't rule it out. Mine are just about full grown. The school of 8 is really amazing...they always stay together. If I stumble across any more at a local petstore I'll be sure to grab some more. I would totally breed them if it was possible. I heard they've never been bred in a home aquarium, but it might be worth trying...well worth it $$$
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #188
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
I've never heard of SAE eating shrimp, but I guess I won't rule it out. Mine are just about full grown. The school of 8 is really amazing...they always stay together. If I stumble across any more at a local petstore I'll be sure to grab some more. I would totally breed them if it was possible. I heard they've never been bred in a home aquarium, but it might be worth trying...well worth it $$$
My SAE got huge from eating all the shrimps in my tank.
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #189
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by discusonly View Post
My SAE got huge from eating all the shrimps in my tank.
That's a little disheartening to hear. I planned on throwing my school into heavily planted 30 gallon in the future had there ever been an algae break out, but since I keep my red cherry shrimp in there I guess that's not a good idea.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #190
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

do anybody knows when that fish place's annual sale day is?
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #191
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
do anybody knows when that fish place's annual sale day is?
No but I'm on their mailing list, so I imagine they will email me at least a few days in advance.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #192
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just had someone send me money for a whole bunch of anubias, so I'll be heading home next weekend to pack it up and ship it out. If anybody needs anything, here is a list of plants that I have:

Italian Val
Hygrophila corymbosa 'angustifolia”
Cyperus helferi
Mayaca fluviatilis, stream bogmoss
Lindernia rotundifolia, variated baby tears
lilaeopsis mauritiana
Narrow-leaf ludwigia
Myrio filligree green
Amazon swords
Lobelia Cardinalis Dwarf
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Hygrophila species “araguaia”
Glossostigma elatinoides
E. Bolivianus Chain sword
E. Tenellus Micro “red” chain sword
Anubias afzelii
Anubias congensis
Anubias lanceolata
Anubias nana
Anubias short and sharp
Anubias barteri
Anubias broad leaf
S. Repens
Java moss
Java fern regular
Java fern wendelov
Java fern narrow leaf
Java fern trident

Anyone that's been wanting aquariums, lights, etc. that I talked to, I will shoot you a PM to set up a time to meet later on next week. Also, anyone who wants to take a trip to that fish hatchery with me could probably do so on Saturday.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #193
chomper149
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

anyone have driftwood, HC or DHG in the philly/university city area. Being close to public transport would be helpful. (college student)
chomper149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #194
discusonly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomper149 View Post
anyone have driftwood, HC or DHG in the philly/university city area. Being close to public transport would be helpful. (college student)

I have plenty of driftwood. What are you looking for? I work in CC so if you tell me what you are looking for, I can even deliver.
discusonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #195
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomper149 View Post
If you can get yourself to 69th street station, World Wide is about a 5 minute walk from there. They have a huge selection of nice driftwood. I got a huge centerpiece for my 30 long for $30 bucks. Priced very well in my opinion.