DK's m..a..d.. d..o..-i..n..g..s........ - Page 53
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #781
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

PTrader: (197/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDP View Post
dun dun dun ....... foreshadowing perhaps?
Nothing is different except the name, it's not meant to indicate some big event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaR View Post
Whaaaaa! You mean I didn't have to make a new account to change my username?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite949372 View Post
I asked KyleT about it not to long ago and was told they don't do name changes... Guess its time to ask again.
TPT has close to TWENTY THOUSAND registered users.

You would not believe the stuff that goes on behind the scenes to keep this site running, especially the squabbles that our patient mods and admin have to deal with on their free, unpaid time.

I had a basis for requesting a name change that I shared with the admin in my request letter; furthermore, I am a Power Seller level financial contributor (I need the mailbox space that comes with this level, as I get so many PMs). The admin took into account my request based on my (private) reason for the request, and it was granted for this reason. PLEASE do not take this as an open invite for everyone to tweak their name - the admin do not have the resources to do this! I did not mean to start a trend, here, only to fix a problem I had faced due to the old name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranewbie View Post
Hey DK, I just saw this quote and thought of you! Figured you might like it!

Thomas A. Edison - "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
Oh, yeah, I SO identify with this!!! Thank you! Mebbe there is a bit of Edison in me...

Do you think Edison would have been featured on Hoarders??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
awsome dk hehe yeah that was my daughters handy work on the fridge lol
Bet she's as cute as her artwork! Haliween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drink_soy_sauce View Post
To get even more off topic...i too have a shepherd mix. She's not quite beagle size but she's around 30 pounds. By the way, this thread is awesome!
YES!! YES!! Like that! LOL, it looks like you picked her off the shelf to buy, in that pic with the new outfit! Where can I get one??

IN OTHER NEWS: - DK is seriously considering investing in the item, below. Anyone know what its intended purpose is? Of course, DK will not be using it for its intended purpose...

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 04-09-2013 at 02:17 PM..
DKShrimporium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #782
tetranewbie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I SO identify with this!!! Thank you! Mebbe there is a bit of Edison in me...

Do you think Edison would have been featured on Hoarders??
Glad you liked it!

I think Edison would've been one of those guys who burned his place down often enough that it'd clear it out a bit, but I could always be wrong!
tetranewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #783
jone
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Looks like a hoof/hooves gouge or rake for animals that have hoofs for feet..sorry about the spelling
jone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #784
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

i was going to say the same thing something to clean hooves with or some kind of leather tool
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #785
wrangler
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (35/100%)

I think it's used to dig out thrush areas on horse hooves.....
wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #786
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by jone View Post
Looks like a hoof/hooves gouge or rake for animals that have hoofs for feet..sorry about the spelling
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
i was going to say the same thing something to clean hooves with or some kind of leather tool
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler View Post
I think it's used to dig out thrush areas on horse hooves.....

Very good. A hoof knife, for trimming hooves.

But here's what I'm going to use it for:

Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #787
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKShrimporium View Post
Very good. A hoof knife, for trimming hooves.

But here's what I'm going to use it for:

Please tell me that you are not going to use the same tool for BOTH purposes?
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #788
Drink_soy_sauce
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKShrimporium View Post
YES!! YES!! Like that! LOL, it looks like you picked her off the shelf to buy, in that pic with the new outfit! Where can I get one??
Haha. That was her backpack she got for Christmas. I was sending some pictures to my aunt to show her how good she looked in it. And i found mine at the Humane Society. She had a sister. If only you had adopted her!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #789
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)

You gonna use that hoof knife to carve the fat off of ribs?
mordalphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #790
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordalphus View Post
You gonna use that hoof knife to carve the fat off of ribs?
bingo - the fat doesn't render off the same way, when you Sous Vide them, so I'll remove as much as possible before cooking. I did the first batch the other day, and the meat was quite tender, but now I'm working on just the right rub recipe, hopefully low glycemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Please tell me that you are not going to use the same tool for BOTH purposes?
Well, if I did, then one of the purposes would be the intended purpose, which it's not. Whew. Otherwise, I'd have to lick it clean between uses (ewwwwwww!!)

IN OTHER NEWS:

Freshly delivered. More projects. A few more micro-bulkheads, and eight monga sized syringes, that DK had to get all the way from Hong Kong, to get cheap. Whee-hoo, she's ready to roll, now.

My other 12 pound box of project goodies tracks for delivery Monday. That box is hopefully gonna fix a problem I've had for a couple of years, now, and have been pondering how the heck to solve the problem (in an AUTOMATED way, that is).

Old 02-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #791
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Missed this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwu13 View Post
Wow that did a GREAT job with the duckweed. I guess you took those larger pieces of leaves out with your hands first?

Any chance a fish could get sucked in and stuck in the DD until you come to rescue it?
Yes, I first de-bulked the pond scum in the tank by removing all the Bolbitis then using a large net to scoop out the bulk of stuff. But then, replacing the Bolbitis, all those little bits of duckweed that got stuck to the Bolbitis as I lifted it out then came off the Bolbitis and over days have floated up to the surface. The DKDD removed all that made it to the surface, now each day I find a handful more that have made it up to the surface, and I remove them by hand. I sort of beat the Bolbitis to loosen them, the way one beats dust out of a dirty throw rug, if you will.

The waterfall only sucks about 1/4 inch of water depth off the surface, so you'd have to have a really surface dwelling fish to even be in the zone.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #792
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

IN OTHER NEWS:

DK got something stuck in her craw and decided to overhaul the Aquavac. She had persistent problems with seal failure using the Gamma Seal, so she decided to change paradigms and solve a number of other issues, as well. She needs two more clamps before she can sea test it, so stay tuned, but otherwise, it's totally overhauled... (she cannibalized the v.1.0 and raided her pantry for the locknlock container to try for the chamber) - only thing she has to buy are two more hose clamps.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #793
jone
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Thats pretty funny..Got to love it..Heres another story,,,,,I am not an avid hunter at all,,,but I always tell my brother,friends and others to make sure you wake up and make time to eat a good breakfast before you go hunting..I really hate to see anyone hunting on an empty stomach....They always have some choice words to say back to me...I love jagging people about hunting these days..
jone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #794
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

This just in....

DK's GodDogRottie... faster than a speeding bullet... cuter than Justin Bieber... ears that defy gravity... check out the little pink tongue action during the speed!

Andale... arriba!!!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #795
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

DK is smacking her forehead and laughing her (squirrely) brains out at herself, right now.

Aquavac v.2.0 taught her a few lessons. She's now working on v.3.0. She has it mostly done, but... of course, needs a couple fittings.

More on that later, after she gets the fittings.

In the process of digging through her bins and barrels of parts and pieces, and extended to her hoarder drawers, she ran across this. It is her absolute favorite puzzle.

She once presented this puzzle to a CEO during a job interview (OK, so it was a small, start-up company, not like a major corporation), and not only got the job but commanded a hefty raise in the initial salary, because he could NOT figure it out, and DK wouldn't tell him the answer until she got what she asked for. (It pays to understand human nature; the VP of the technical arm of the company was also in on that interview and got presented the puzzle at the same time; the CEO was afraid the VP would figure it out first then give him **** about it forever. DK was astute enough to recognize ego at work; and let the ego work for her and her bank account. When the CEO later called her in for a "secondary" interview, without the VP, she knew the scoop, and made her move...)

The object of the puzzle is to balance all the loose nails onto the stationary nail, using only what's shown in the picture.

HINT #1: The only nail to touch the wood is the stationary nail.

I will give additional hints every so often, stay tuned. I will entertain questions, and give the answer after a while. If you figure it out, please give some time or do not give the solution until folks have some time to work on it!

DK dares ya. Work those brains.

It took DK about a day and a half, and getting into some serious alpha waves, to get it. The fastest person to figure it out for her was a super mensa PhD engineer, who figured it out in one day, after thinking on it overnight (probably also achieving alpha waves).

I wanna be like this guy. "If you're not doing something different... you're not doing anything at all.... I like to make things; I like to make smart beautiful things..." (Data scientist carves out new life as sculptor.)