75 gallon: plant fertilizer uptake rate.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 08-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
shuks
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

75 gallon: plant fertilizer uptake rate.

Hello.. I have a 75 gallon tank.

could someone please tell me what they would estimate my plants fertilizers uptake rate to be. I'm going to try the EI doseing method. I know what the proper ppm of ferts should be, but I dont know how much to dose inbetweyne waterchanges.

Considering I have 2 wpg, diy c02 (sugar & yeast setup), and the tank will not be heavily planted.

what would be the daily uptake rates of Potassium, nitrate, Phosphate, CSM+B trace mix.??

PS... I'm using greg wattson dry ferts ( KN03, KH2P04, K2S04,)
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
Georgiadawgger
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

IMO daily uptake will be relatively slow...if not a crawl. With only 2 wpg, a large tank, and little plants you may be able to get away with dosing after water changes and one more time in the middle of the week (minus a few shots of micros here and there). It's hard to explain uptake rates when different plants have different requirements in their uptake. I've got a good grasp on my tank's uptake, but I've got a bit higher lighting and my CO2 is really high (pressurized). DIY co2 is a bit more unpredictable too.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
shuks
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

hmmm.... that help a bit, but do you have any estimates for me?? One thing i've read is non c02 tanks will grow 6-10 x slower than c02 supplemented tanks. However I'm using a diy c02 system so that makes guessing a bit harder. Any estimates? anyone?