Need some help from a fellow Anchorage-ite
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alaska

Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Krystal907
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Need some help from a fellow Anchorage-ite

This is also posted on AK frag swap, but thought I'd post here hoping for more traffic.

It is Anchorage-ite right? Anyway, I'm graduating from college (WSU) and moving back in May to Anchorage. I've got 6 Bronze corys and a betta I've got to get up to AK, but don't know anyone who keeps fish up there that I could send them to for safe keeping while I drive up. Is it possible that anyone could keep them for me for about a week while I make the drive home and get a tank set up? If you haven't any tank space I am more than willing to buy a 10 gal tupperware from Waly-world and leave you an extra filter and heater to set up before I get there. I'd SUPER appreciate it. I'm pretty attached to my little aquakittens and don't want to have to leave them down here.
Thank you!
SunSun Pimp #67
Krystal907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hmm I wish I could but im at tank capacity. Same with the store. Of course we do sell way cooler fish than those. You could give them to your lfs and come visit me at AK coral for some exotics! Well anyways have a safe drive in may and im sure ill be running into you when you get here. (our store is the only lfs in town)
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Krystal907
Planted Member

Well thats poopy. I know the bronze corys are pretty run of the mill beginner aquarium fish, but I love the color contrast between white sand and their bodies. I will be setting up a 75 gal with cories and an undecided schooler, and eventually a 40 or a 55, so I will definitely be seeing you!

Also, I am wondering if you got my email I sent through your website? You have answered my question through your post, but just wondering if you had gotten it through email.
SunSun Pimp #67
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Assassynation
Planted Tank Obsessed

May is a long way away so we'll see
Assassynation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #5
Krystal907
Planted Member

I'll be there in March and can buy a tupperware, filter, and heater for them then! But yeah, I guess I'll really be freaking out when I'm up there in March, and then again in May.
SunSun Pimp #67
Old 01-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #6
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Just a thought - you might want to weigh the cost of shipping the cories versus simply buying new ones when you get up there. Add in the risk of shipping, and the possible store credit, or even cash.

As for the betta, as I know that people get attached to them, they can survive for long periods in ridiculously small containers. Think about a huge jar with a lid that you open at rest stops and overnights. Or even a 5g bucket belted in to the passenger seat
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal907 View Post
Well thats poopy. I know the bronze corys are pretty run of the mill beginner aquarium fish, but I love the color contrast between white sand and their bodies. I will be setting up a 75 gal with cories and an undecided schooler, and eventually a 40 or a 55, so I will definitely be seeing you!

Also, I am wondering if you got my email I sent through your website? You have answered my question through your post, but just wondering if you had gotten it through email.
...yeah Tim the owner never checks the store email lol. your best bet is to call or pm me on this forum.
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.