Good freshwater stores around Cleveland/Mansfield/Columbus?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Ohio

Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
Burks
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Good freshwater stores around Cleveland/Mansfield/Columbus?

With my move back to my hometown of Crestline I have left behind what I consider to be the best freshwater store in Ohio, Trilby Tropicals of Toledo (seriously, go visit, they rock....tell them Burks sent you!).

So I am in search of some good stores around Cleveland, Mansfield, and/or Columbus. I am displeased with the ones I know of (will not mention names) as the stores are....hmmm....not up to MY standards. Trilby far exceeded mine, so I'm a bit spoiled there. Also the prices are a bit insane, $3 for a White Cloud!?!?!?!?!? Come on.

Thank you all. Yes, I know the auction is this Saturday but I can't make it. Have to coach my JV football team over a hour away, come home, sleep for two hours, and off to the hospital for work! Bummer dude!
Filstar Pimp #84
Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
-kenny-
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

Just checked out Trilby Tropicals website and that place looks awesome. I haven't found anything like that around Cleveland.
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

Not much around Mansfield either. You have your PetSmart & Pet Supplies which neither of them is anything to write home about, and then you have Aquarium Adventure in Columbus but the prices are outrageous! Great place to stop and look but don't buy. I purchased 15 Furcata Rainbows over their Labor Day sale...reg. price 14.99 got them for 65% off.....all 10 died over a weeks time! There is just not much around central Ohio. I rely heavily on Dr Foster's and Smith for equipment and TPT's SNS for plants. If you are ever looking for plants let me know and I will see if I have it. I have ordered from Trilby Tropicals before and looks like a nice place. Let me know if you ever find a place.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
Burks
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

I sure will let you know dewall!

I might be sending you a PM in the following days concerning plants, as my move wiped out nearly everything I had. Between two jobs and school, I have zero time to take care of a planted tank. One job ends soon (coaching) so I can spend some time with my tanks!
Filstar Pimp #84
Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Fishyfanatic
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Aquarium adventure was a awesome place to visit but 6.99 for a fricken guppy is insane! Pet supplies plus took them over and there fish are always sick! I have been going to Tricker's in independence recently...they are in process of remodeling and updating things there. And seem to be in the process of a revival...

Is anyone going to the OCA spectacular in november?
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
cards18d
Algae Grower

Definately check out Something Fishy in Cleveland. Amazing and super healthy fish. Ask about the hatchery in the basement. http://www.somethingfishyinc.net/
cards18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #7
givemeplantsorgivemedeath
Algae Grower

Burks, I'm a T-Town man so I can't help you out much, i've been to aq adv in columbus BIG STORE and EXPENSIVE, gotta pay for all that space and sku's I guess.

trilby is a unique store for sure (before I joined this site i mentioned burks' user name and Matt said he knew Craig, used to have lots of shrimp and planted tanks), they don't make them like that anymore. everyone is just about the buck, i overheard from a manager at a local big box that when the fish die they don't even have to pay for them, i guess that explains their lack of concern for their livestock health (cheaper to not treat with meds I imagine) they only get my dog food business now

BTT
givemeplantsorgivemedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
dburgess1231

This place is on the west side of cleveland and near 71. I think is it great. Decent prices as well.

RMS AQUACULTURE
6629 Engle Rd # 108 Cleveland, OH 44130-7943
(216) 433-134
dburgess1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
cactusflower
Algae Grower

Aquarium Adventure in Columbus is independently owned by a marine biologist and is NOT any part of Pet Supplies Plus. It may be expensive in some instances, but it's the best source for the hard to find in Columbus.
cactusflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #10
Fishyfanatic
Algae Grower

Try Tricker's

William Tricker Inc.
7125 tanglewood dr
Independence Ohio 44107
Tricker.com
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote