Mangrove Riparium
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 01-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
ostickthese

PTrader: (0/0%)

Mangrove Riparium

I have been toying around with this idea for a while and was hoping to get some tips and just general help with execution.

For a while now I really wanted to build a tank for some archer fish but the main focus of the tank would be a red mangrove. I know that they are slow growers so this will be a nice time investment but I want to grow a red mangrove like you would a bonsai and really keep the growth stunted. My hopes are that I could get some really cool root growth over a couple years with the mangrove not growing out of the tank.

Is this at all possible? How do you go about promoting prop root growth in a red mangrove? Finding any information on this has been pretty fruitless so I am really hoping to get any help or guidance at all.

Thanks!
ostickthese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)

Search for Hydrophyte's posts on using mangroves in ripariums. He has been very successful with them.

Tags
advice, mangrove