anyone use a Reactor 1000 by Aquamedic, any good? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 08-15-2003, 06:18 PM   #31
Schala
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

You don't understand. Within 10 seconds the bubble counter fills up and over flows. Water flows out of the bubble counter and all over the floor.

I don't think that a bubble every 3 seconds is going to create enough pressure to keep the water out.

We're trying to move the reactor up higher to see if that helps. However, to do that, we had to drain the tank and scoot it out.

If it still shoots out when it's up higher, I don't have any more solutions..
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2003, 07:03 PM   #32
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

The bubble counter should be sealed. Its a closed system. If water is coming out of the bubble counter then either the bubble counter is cracked or one of the seals are missing. There should be a rubber gasket on the top brass portion of the bubble counter where it screws to the clear plastic part. Or your hose connection is faulty. You can unscrew the bubble counter from the needle valve and attach the tubing directly to the needle valve. I sealed the bubble counter to the needle valve with a little teflon tape on the threads.

Marcel
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #33
Schala
Algae Grower

You're right.

We noticed that the rubber washer had fallen out at some point. So we went down to HD, but they didn't have anything that fit. A trip to Ace Hardware and we came home with an O-Ring that made the bubble counter solid. We tried to force water through the tube, but none would go, so I assume it will work now.

Lol. It's too bad that we drained the tank, disassembled the reactor/filter tubing and scooted the tank. :roll:

Here's something that really belongs on the "lessons learned" thread.

Thanks for your help. You're just a fountain of infinite knowledge.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:46 PM   #34
m.lemay
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

:lol:
FILSTAR Pimp #2

75 gal heavily planted,50/50 Black beauty,Eco-complete substrate, Pressurised CO2 with solenoid, ph controller, AB Reactor 1000, 330 watts 9325K GE PC lighting,Ehiem Liquidoser, 2-Filstar xp3 canisters.
m.lemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #35
aquatic-store.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Glad to hear you got that fixed!!!
Co2 supplies Largest on the net.
Dupla substrate heaters
http://www.water-testers.com.com
<p>Enter the 2005 Photo contest and win lighting, co2 supplies and more. </p>

http://www.aquatic-store.com/index2.html
aquatic-store.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:51 PM   #36
Schala
Algae Grower

Yeah, it was a lot of work for nothing, but it will make a funny tank memory in the future. In the end, after everything was planted and we were cleaning up, we found the washer that fell out. :roll:

The only problem I have now is mounting the reactor. Those of you that have this reactor know that the mounting part is actually two pieces. One piece to hold the reactor and one piece that goes on top if you want to hang it off your tank.

Well, the top piece, which is suppose to be detachable, is glued on. I'll either get some long screws or just cut the top part off. The top part doesn't fit my tank anyway. Right now I have the reactor duct taped to the wall. :lol:
Old 08-16-2003, 05:04 PM   #37
Doomer
Planted Tank Obsessed

One of mine is hanging on the tank and the other is mounted to the wall. The top piece slipped right off. Are you sure it's glued ? Maybe it's just tight.
Doomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 05:14 PM   #38
Schala
Algae Grower

Nope, I'm sure it's glued. You know how you can see the glue on the top and bottom black pieces of the reactor? I can see the glue on the top part of the mounting piece also.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:37 PM   #39
Guttboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Guttboy

Schala....

I too had this problem....tried my darndest to get that top piece off....what I ended up doing was using the attachments and screwing LONG screws to the 2x4 support of my tank. I also used the tank adjustment screws as they came to firm up the bottom. The reactor is in the clamps they provided.

Royal pain in the arse if you ask me.

Mike

10 Gallon...20 Endler's live bearers planted, peat/kitty litter/sand substrate

15 Gallon...Just Schultz Aquatic Plant soil
Guttboy is offline   Reply With Quote