East siders!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Krystal907
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

East siders!!!

I'm setting up a new 10 gallon and looking for wisteria and/or dwarf sag. I'm in Pullman and would very much appreciate some RAOK or a really good deal from a very kind stranger.
Thank you so much!
Krystal907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

I'm in brewster, east side but far away from pullman. I got some Limnophila sessiflora that can be yours if you pay first class shipping.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Krystal907
Planted Member

Thank you for your offer, but I was planning on only growing wisteria, dwarf sag, and java moss in this tank. Thanks again!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
Aqua_chem
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Totally in Pullman. Also have a crap ton of wisteria and other plants. What kind of setup do you have?
Aqua_chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
Krystal907
Planted Member

Hi! Currently have a 3.5 gallon dirted & planted (housing betta, pond snails, and BN temporarily) and waiting on some driftwood to get here so I can set up my 10 gallon. Figured I'd only keep it a shrimp/BN tank since I'm graduating in May. Want to keep it a colder water tank so I don't have to worry about things dying during the move when I try to bring it back to AK.

What about yourself? I'm super excited because a guy at the LFS is giving me a clipping for free Would you be willing to sell/give me some wisteria? NONE of the shops sell them!! Or dwarf sag for that matter...
Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #6
Aqua_chem
Algae Grower

You must be talking about Barnacle Bills? The guys there are actually pretty good. They preach cycling and quarantine their fish. If it's a bolbitus fern, I think you took some he was holding for me, lol.

I have a 10g with some wisteria in it that's looking a little bit rough (diatoms). I also have some in a 40 breeder, but it has high light and CO2 so it might not like a sudden drop in conditions, but heck, wisteria's tough. I would be more than happy to gift you some cuttings, and you can have the bit in the 40 (I was going to give it a haircut literally right after I saw your message). Depending on your lighting, I have some other plants that you may like (alternanthera, stargrass, etc).

I have one little dwarf sag that survived a horrible shipping job (the four others died). It's not trying to propagate just yet, so no go on that one.

Last edited by Aqua_chem; 11-08-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Krystal907
Planted Member

Haha, I kind of thought it might be you since you're the one who referred me here in the first place Literally, ANY bit is better than no bit and you dont know how much I appreciate it! I'm thinking that I'll start the 10 off with DIY CO2 for a month or so just to give the plants a quick start and hopefully encourage the dwarf sag to carpet.

What kind of fauna do you have in your 40g? Also, is it possible to encourage "Bill" (Dont know if its his actual name so I'm just going to go with it) to order some dwarf sag? Or special order it? See you at 3!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
Aqua_chem
Algae Grower

I referred you where now? O.o

Bill is pretty hard set on his plant stock, and usually won't order other plants. He wouldn't even buy my clippings. You might want to try to order it from someone on here. The thing about dwarf sag is that you can propagate it by clippings like you can stems, but rather need to wait for runners, which I don't have yet.

What happens at 3?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
Krystal907
Planted Member

The first time I came in you told me to check out TPT. Poopy about the plant selections, but I got an awesome deal on potted crypts there so oh well. 3 is when I planned on coming into Barnacle Bills, which is what I did haha.
Thanks again for the clippings!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #10
Aqua_chem
Algae Grower

Nonono, I don't work there. I think you're probably confusing me with Trevor, who works there. Otherwise I'm completely confused.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #11
Krystal907
Planted Member

Oh, wow. Now I'm confused! Hahaha I must have read your post wrong!! Totally thought you were Trevor and must have confused the [censored][censored][censored][censored] out of Trevor when I went to pick up the clippings today and said stuff about us talking online hahahaha. Well, sorry for the mixup and indeed, I do have some bolbitus in my tank now! You're actually welcome to it. Its a tiny bit and I'm not attached to it yet or anything. Promise I'm not a crazy person, just got all mixed up...
Old 11-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
theemptythrone
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

im in spokane if you ever come through, i have more wisteria then i know what to do with
theemptythrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Krystal907
Planted Member

Thanks! I found some people in Pullman that hooked me up though I have a question however, I planted it and its still putting off roots at each "joint" where the leaves sprout, is that normal?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #14
theemptythrone
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

yeah thats witeria for you
Shirmpoholics Anonymous member #1
theemptythrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 AM   #15
firefiend
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal907 View Post
Thanks! I found some people in Pullman that hooked me up though I have a question however, I planted it and its still putting off roots at each "joint" where the leaves sprout, is that normal?
Many stem plants will put off roots at the nodes.
firefiend is offline   Reply With Quote