Fluval Ebi! Updates 6/26 - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 12-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #31
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellLawson View Post
Really like how the tanks turning out, were did you get the frogbit?
eBay
dragonsong93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #32
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

Back home and as promised, pictures of the shrimp! Now all I have to go is get some red ones, and wait for it all to grow in...

Side view:

The shrimp! The nicest looking one is staying in the back so all I have is a few blurry pictures, but his white & black look painted on, it's so awesome.

Staredown...

My favorite, but shy, shrimp:

Find the hidden shrimp

Two mysterious plants I got from buying other plants, I think I'll keep them. I'm pretty sure the floating one is fairy moss.

Finally it looks acceptable!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #33
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

Went into the room this morning to find some frogbit over the side of the tank and some water so I think my cat was either drinking water (REALLY MESSY, she scoops up water in her paw then laps it up that way...kinda odd lol) or she forgot there's no lid and accidentally fell in. Either way, everyone is still ok and the plants are undamaged.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

Hm... I'd keep your cat out of the room with the fish tank to be honest. You wouldn't wanna risk having a shrimp on the frogbit, getting scared, and jumping out of the tank. Also, I've read many horror stories where everything in the tank would die if the cat had a lot of kitty litter stuffs on its hand.

Hope the shrimp enjoy their new home ! More pictures when they color up some!

ヽ( ゚ヮ゚)ノ.・゚*。・+☆ Twin 10G Shrimp Tanks & 20L Grow Out Tank
diwu13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #35
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

Spent a long time stalking the shrimp around the tank with my camera, and finally got some ok pictures of the really dark ones.

And the one who has thus claimed that driftwood as HERS.

You can see two of them in this pic:

Really likes being on the saggitarus

One last pic of the plants for good measure

I think they're coloring up quite well considering this is their...third day in the tank. I'm also pretty sure I have three females and two males, only time will tell though!

CRS on the way soon! S & SS grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwu13 View Post
Hm... I'd keep your cat out of the room with the fish tank to be honest. You wouldn't wanna risk having a shrimp on the frogbit, getting scared, and jumping out of the tank. Also, I've read many horror stories where everything in the tank would die if the cat had a lot of kitty litter stuffs on its hand.

Hope the shrimp enjoy their new home ! More pictures when they color up some!
Yea, I don't normally have them in there but one is going to the vet and I can't give him food for 24 hours prior to the surgery (neeuuuutering ) and if I did that with the other two I would be followed by two furiously mewing cats until they are fed.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #36
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

Great looking pictures. Glad they're adjusting to the tank well. When are the CRS coming? And yea, it's MUCH harder to tell which tigers I have are male/female. I still am only sure I have 2 females, and at least one male that knocked them up haha. No idea what the others are. Just happy they're all alive and well!

Also, what are the parameters of your tank? Will you be doing water changes with RO water?

And poor cat... neutering :X!

Old 12-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #37
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

Thanks! The place I got them from ships on Mondays so either this week or next.

On the tank right now the temp. is 74F, ph is 6.5, and gh is 5. Water comes out of the tap really soft like that so I don't think I'd need RO water. Been using the shrimp water conditioner as well as the minerals that came with the ebi setup
Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #38
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

Hm... hope they come next week or they'll get stuck in the Christmas delivery rush.
Everything seems good with your parameters. What's your kH? That'll be pretty important to keep low for CBS and CRS. (You should update the first post with flora, fauna, and equipment if you have time!) I think tap would degrade your fluvial stratum pretty quickly?

Old 12-13-2011, 03:05 AM   #39
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

I started reading this the other day but had to deal with the girlfriend wanting to go out and do something fun, before I had a chance to comment. This is a really good scape for round rocks, I normally don't see a scape done well with them. I really like what you did. Kind of "calming" for lack of a better word.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #40
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

First post has been updated

Quote:
Hm... hope they come next week or they'll get stuck in the Christmas delivery rush.
Everything seems good with your parameters. What's your kH? That'll be pretty important to keep low for CBS and CRS. (You should update the first post with flora, fauna, and equipment if you have time!) I think tap would degrade your fluvial stratum pretty quickly?
I think they'll be here tomorrow! Checked the tracking number and they're in the state With any luck 12 new shrimp will be joining the herd!!

Haven't a clue about the stratum though, but this weekend I'm off to the store to buy a kh test kit, and some excel, maybe some java moss...there's a big space under the filter that gets barely any light and I want to put some kind of plant back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
I started reading this the other day but had to deal with the girlfriend wanting to go out and do something fun, before I had a chance to comment. This is a really good scape for round rocks, I normally don't see a scape done well with them. I really like what you did. Kind of "calming" for lack of a better word.
Hehe thanks!! They're really the only rocks I have for my tanks, I always collect them when near streams, rivers, and lakes so I've got quite the stockpile lol
Old 12-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #41
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

NICE! Beat out the christmas rush for shipping. Not sure if you have one already but I would get a TDS meter online if you start to notice breeding issues. No real need to get it early if it seems everything is alright.

Just be a bit careful with excel. I've never had problems with it and shrimp, but many people have had shrimp die due to excel usage. However, I dose my excel straight into my flourite, which absorbs it right away. Other people just dump excel into the tank so that might be where the issue comes from. If you need I can recommend you to a guy that sells 9 inch needles + syringes so you can dose excel straight into your substrate as well.

Moss would be a good choice for places where there's low light. Just make sure to secure it so it doesn't clog the filter intake!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #42
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

And I was right!! The crystal reds came today and I have to say, wow! Their color is already good I can't wait till they get settled into the tank. And as for how they breed in my water, we'll see soon...the biggest has a saddle!!

The most high-grade one of the batch, the white is like paint and they aren't even colored up yet!

And an update on the CBS, this is one of the most black ones, three have a slight reddish tint, and two are like this.

Crystal reds are going in the tank as soon as they finish eating, they were HUNGRY!!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #43
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

You fed them in the separate breeder box?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #44
dragonsong93
Algae Grower

Quote:
You fed them in the separate breeder box?
Well...yea. Like 2 little pellets. Took them all of 10 minutes to finish them off

They're in the tank now scattered over all the plants and exploooring!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #45
diwu13
Planted Tank Guru

Don't feed them tomorrow! Let them munch on all the goodies in the tank for a while and get to know the place :]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.