Any members from Annapolis area??
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Maryland

Old 06-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

Any members from Annapolis area??

Just wondering if there were any plant geeks in the area?? I'm in Churchton just 20 minutes south of Annapolis on the Chesapeake Bay.

Last edited by 150EH; 06-22-2011 at 03:13 PM..
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

Nobody???
Old 07-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Martin_G
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I'm not in Annapolis but I am in the Glen Burnie/Pasadena area.
Martin_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
gringostar9
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

What up Naptown.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...00#post2001600
Hurricane Irene left my house with no power and led to the death of this tank. R.I.P. Piranhas.
55g Hello Rockview (Paradise Piranha)
gringostar9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

Wow, I'm glad you guys chimed in but that's apretty poor show from Maryland, I guess this reflects the poor selection of retailers here now, even some of the best stores are gone with petsmartco sucking up any scraps.

Gringo I'm surprised those Piranha left your Mom any plants at all, but I enjoyed looking.

Martin, were are your pics???

I guess I'll have to man up now and put a link to my cr@ppy journal in my signature.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #6
longbeach
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Sorry, I'm new here from Southern Maryland (Calvert Co.) and know nearly nothing about plants.
longbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Dr. Acula
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Another for Churchton here. Didn't expect that, really. Though I'm in Blacksburg, VA most of the year for college now.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
Another for Churchton here. Didn't expect that, really. Though I'm in Blacksburg, VA most of the year for college now.
No way, I live down Broadwater Rd. just north of the circle, where are you in Churchton? I'm not sure where Blacksburg is, could that be VT and do you know your major yet? My daughter went to AACC for two years and has a little time left at Maryland Univesity before she will graduate, I myself went to the school of hard knocks.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Method
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

I'm in Edgewater. Being a planted geek in this area isn't too bad. 30 minutes from House of Tropicals, although most of my plant purchases are online these days.
The Fraternity of Dirt #41
SunSun Pimp #66

"
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught
." Baba Dioum
Method is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
Ganyon
Algae Grower

I'm in calvert county.
Ganyon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
Chaos_Being
Planted Tank Obsessed

Carroll County! And yes, the aquarium stores in MD are few and far between. I did finally check out House of Tropicals and it's great...probably the only good one left in MD. The only other "local" stores that I know of which are good are in PA and NJ...
Chaos_Being is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
kruzerman
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Baltimore City here. I just started shopping at Exotic Aquatics before they shut down. House of Tropicals is good but 30-45 mins from home depending on traffic. Luckily it is not too far from work.
kruzerman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 03:34 AM   #13
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

We just had a GWAPA member start part time at House of Tropicals and she trying to get them to see the light, literally. She is trying to get better light over the plant tanks and some substrate so they can carry something other than stems. But like many store owners they are some what old school about their ideas on planted tanks, but she has a strong personality and I think she will get them to hear what she is trying to tell them, plus they are already making changes for the good and if they are smart they will just hand over the plant section to her because she's good with planted tanks.

We are always looking for new members and it's a lot of fun!! Just click below!!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #14
Method
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
We just had a GWAPA member start part time at House of Tropicals and she trying to get them to see the light, literally. She is trying to get better light over the plant tanks and some substrate so they can carry something other than stems. But like many store owners they are some what old school about their ideas on planted tanks, but she has a strong personality and I think she will get them to hear what she is trying to tell them, plus they are already making changes for the good and if they are smart they will just hand over the plant section to her because she's good with planted tanks.

We are always looking for new members and it's a lot of fun!! Just click below!!
Is that the lady that I bought some RCS from last time I went? She seemed much more knowledgeable than the average HOT employee. She mentioned that she kept shrimp tanks.
The Fraternity of Dirt #41
SunSun Pimp #66

"
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught
." Baba Dioum
Method is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
Silky
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Prince George here. I get alot of my plants from Congressional Aquarium in Rockville. That and Pristine Aquariums in Alexandria. Pristine is mostly just a fish place and it doesn't look like the plants they do get in live too long but every once in awhile they will have some of the rarities so it's worth checking out.
Silky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.