waiting is so hard!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
meppitech
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Default waiting is so hard!

I was infected by the planted tank bug and that has led me to wanting to do a shrimp tank (most likely a 40 breeder). Besides tank size I have nothing else figured out. I am planning on buying a home soon and do not want to have to move shrimp so I have been reading and reading about all kinds of shrimp in the meantime. Now im looking for suggestions from the masses.

I'm looking to start a planted shrimp breeding tank. No fish. I'm curious about doing moss. I've never had the pleasure. I think i'd like to do a cannister filter with a sponge over the intake. I'm not sure about co2 with certain shrimp. I want to do this right and have high grade shrimp but am not clear on how to use RO water to create the right water conditions for them to breed if what they need is out of range from where my tap water stands. My ph is at 7.5 and i have somewhat hard water. So thats it. If you finished reading all that I thank you and cant wait for some feedback!
meppitech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, breeding shrimp, oetbs, suggestions