A Jewel of a Tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

PTrader: (56/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCoryCat View Post
I don't care too much for the thick casing around the tank, but I LOVE the stand!
Lol, thanks

Better Living Through Chemistry
davrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #17
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Xavier View Post
That's pretty awesome man. Totally need a cool scape next (those plants do look really healthy though! I also find myself going "you know, that jungle is still pretty cool")
Thank you much

Old 08-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)

You certainly have quite a collection of tanks. Does the glass in this tank come out? Great work.
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #19
Quentin
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Really cool. I like your lighting set up complete with the pulley and rope. Goes with the antiuqe vibe.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #20
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
You certainly have quite a collection of tanks. Does the glass in this tank come out? Great work.
Thank you. The glass will only come out if you remove all the old black tar sealant.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #21
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Really cool. I like your lighting set up complete with the pulley and rope. Goes with the antiuqe vibe.
Thanks, that's the look I was going for.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #22
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

It isn't the correct period or the correct style but in a way this set-up reminds me of steampunk stuff - period pieces that manage to integrate modern aspects without losing the period feel.

Hard to express what I mean but seeing the full tank set-up it just evokes a really distinct feeling.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
It isn't the correct period or the correct style but in a way this set-up reminds me of steampunk stuff - period pieces that manage to integrate modern aspects without losing the period feel.

Hard to express what I mean but seeing the full tank set-up it just evokes a really distinct feeling.
I know steampunk. If you look closely at my signature photo you'll see a custom steampunk keyboard I had created for me by the same artist that did the keyboard on Warehouse 13. I had him create what we called "The Alchemist" and it was the first and I believe only keyboard he made with stained glass lit ends. Unfortunately this keyboard would not function with my mac to make the lights come on so I returned it to him and it was resold. I got my money back plus some extra for my help in the key designs.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #24
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

The whole thing is very cool - I've never seen a tank like that, I didn't know they were ever made that way? I am totally sold on the cleat/pulley system for your light. Very well thought out!
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #25
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
The whole thing is very cool - I've never seen a tank like that, I didn't know they were ever made that way? I am totally sold on the cleat/pulley system for your light. Very well thought out!
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #26
kalawai2000
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I love it...that stand looks like our stand at work. I work in a fine jewelry store that has a Egyptian/Hawaiian theme. I know it sounds funny but it works Does the guy have the other still?
Old 08-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #27
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalawai2000 View Post
I love it...that stand looks like our stand at work. I work in a fine jewelry store that has a Egyptian/Hawaiian theme. I know it sounds funny but it works Does the guy have the other still?

Thanks. No, I had first dibs at both tanks and chose the smaller bronze one because I didn't like the silver finish. As soon as I turned it down another collector bought it soon afterwards. They are just that rare.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:05 AM   #28
radioman
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrx View Post
Thank you. I'm curious about your 'Radioman' user name. Do you collect radios or are you a ham? I used to be heavily into collecting antique radio sets.
I love listening to late night radio shows and scanners. I used to listen to some HAM radio operators out in California through my itouch too. I also have bought some old radio's from garage sales through the years, not the really old ones though. All in all I love the idea of radio and how you can pick it up almost anywhere for free.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #29
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

That is a very cool and rare tank you have there. I never look in the planted nano section so I would have never seen this, but Radioman put a link in another thread. I wish there was more of those vintage tanks around. My dad used to have a vintage tank similar to that when I was young but his was a little bigger and really ornate. Is that all the original glass and slate bottom or has it been redone? By the way there is a replica of the tank you have on ebay for $750. Here is the item # if you want to check it out.

Item number: 120736334045
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #30
madness
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrx View Post
I know steampunk. If you look closely at my signature photo you'll see a custom steampunk keyboard I had created for me by the same artist that did the keyboard on Warehouse 13. I had him create what we called "The Alchemist" and it was the first and I believe only keyboard he made with stained glass lit ends. Unfortunately this keyboard would not function with my mac to make the lights come on so I returned it to him and it was resold. I got my money back plus some extra for my help in the key designs.
Wow.

Would love to see a picture of that.

As rare as these are I guess that we are fortunate that atleast one of the owners is willing to share the photos with people.

Seems sort of a shame to collect up rare and beautiful stuff and then squirrel it away somewhere that no one really sees it.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote