Anyone has these plants in St. Louis? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 08-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #16
treetom
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (38/100%)
Location: Jerseyville, IL just on the other side of the Mississippi river from St. Louis MO.

Maybe a group buy is in order?

Glad to hear that you had a good experience with this place. I have ordered from eBay, from a large foreign seller. Payed more for shipping than anything and received smaller than expected plants.

I wonder how lucrative a plant heavy store could be in St. Louis area?

Sent from my EVO 3D.
treetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
rainbowfishes
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Java fern, narrow leaf java fern, blyxa Japonica, crypt and anubias was the request. All except maybe the narrow leaf java fern was available at the last MASI auction on August 14th. I know that "narrow leaf" has been at our club meetings though. There were quite a few bags of java fern at least a couple of bags of Blyxa and 4-5 varieties of crypts. At least 2 varieties of anubias. The advantage of buying "most" of these plants at the auction is that they are all grown in aquariums. (one of our sellers does sell plants directly from Florida but if you look carefully you can easily tell the difference). When you buy stuff from the aquarium shop they are buying stuff from Florida and all of those are grown emersed. That means those leaves will fall off as the plant replaces it with it's underwater style leaves. Depending on the variety, often especially Crypts they can look pretty raggy for awhile. They do have a swap meet coming up October 2nd and an auction November 13th.
Stay tuned to http://www.missouriaquariumsociety.com/ and the forum
http://www.missouriaquariumsociety.c...orum/index.php for further information. People are now starting to post what they are going to bring to the swap meet but it may take a while before they start to do so. If you have a lot of plants or especially a lot of extra equipment this is certainly the place to sell it. It only cost a few bucks for a table and then you name your own price on your items.

Gary
rainbowfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #18
wishiwasfishing

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynofasho View Post
I was at Aqua World this week and they are so so. They sell dyed fish which I don't like, and they had MANY plants mislabeled. And I'm not talking a bit mislabeled, but just totally wrong. IE a Bacopa Caroliniana or Monneiri was labeled as a type of Hygro, and a sword was labeled a type of Crypt. May have just been a fluke, but I wasn't thrilled about it.

Hi, I'd like to introduce my self. My name Is Jason from Aqua-World. I just had to respond to this lol. We do sell Blueberry and Strawberry Tetras. Yes they are dyed fish and they are good for kids and beginners as they are a very cheap and hardy fish. I will admit that most of my plants are mislabeled because I constantly get new shipments in and its kind of a hassle to re label everything and I do apologize about that. We have a pretty good knowledge of the plats we carry and all you have to do is ask and I would be more than happy to show you some plants. Most all of the potted plants are labeled and the bunch plants get divided between a couple tanks and they are never usually in the same tanks so it does make it a bit difficult to keep it all labeled, but like I said all you have to do is ask. Im sorry, I just get irritated when some one would rather go online and bash then say something to me in the store.
wishiwasfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
Eeyore
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hi Jason - I'm not sure if you noticed, but the original posts were from 2011. I was in Aqua-World a couple of weeks ago and the person working (not sure of his name) was really helpful. I bought several plants and two medium angelfish and everything is doing great. I do not know of another store in the area that has the quality and selection of plants. My husband and I found you about a year ago and stop by every month or so to see what is new. If something is not labeled, there is always someone nearby to ask and I have never been steered wrong by you. I recommend Aqua-World to anyone who asks me where to buy fish or plants.
55 gal planted community tank, 46 gal Angel tank, 10 gal planted Cherry tank. 10 gal planted tank currently housing 5 juvie Koi Angelfish. Two empty 55 gals, one 20 long cycling for CRS, and a 5 gal waiting to house dwarf crayfish.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
wishiwasfishing

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
Hi Jason - I'm not sure if you noticed, but the original posts were from 2011. I was in Aqua-World a couple of weeks ago and the person working (not sure of his name) was really helpful. I bought several plants and two medium angelfish and everything is doing great. I do not know of another store in the area that has the quality and selection of plants. My husband and I found you about a year ago and stop by every month or so to see what is new. If something is not labeled, there is always someone nearby to ask and I have never been steered wrong by you. I recommend Aqua-World to anyone who asks me where to buy fish or plants.
Thank you very much for your kind words. I know this was old but just came across this and wanted to express my feelings on there comment. I just don't like when someone cant ask me a question or point something out and get an answer from myself or someone that works here first hand. Like I said, I really appreciate your comment.

Thank You,
Jason from Aqua-World
wishiwasfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
Sake
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Hey just brought crypt parva and sunset florida crypt from ya today glad to see you here. As far as the mislabeled plants goes, he compared all the florida sunsets because the color of one was off. Made sure it was just the lighting, if something is mislabeled more than likely he will notice it and make sure you're getting the right thing. Also with the crypt parva he searched around till he found the biggest one to sell, very happy with aqua world.