Letter to our Customers - Please read (coupon code inside)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Big Al's Online

Old 08-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Letter to our Customers - Please read (coupon code inside)

Dear Valued Customers,

From our very first day in operation, we at Big Al’s Online have strived for excellence in all areas of business, in an attempt to provide you with the best possible shopping experience. From our aggressive pricing and promotions to our continually expanding product selection, we are constantly looking for new ways to improve our practices and enhance our offerings. We recognize that this past year has been a rocky road for customers who have experienced a host of problems (account login issues, poor site performance, general errors, etc.), and would like to sincerely apologize for any frustration or dissatisfaction you may have experienced during this time.

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that as of Tuesday August 2, 2011, the current Big Al’s Online websites will be temporarily going offline. The unfortunate reality is that Notavor Systems Ltd, the E-Commerce provider we partnered with, has gone into receivership. This means that their operations have been permanently halted, and that their company’s assets have been frozen; ultimately to be sold off to repay any outstanding debts they may have. Despite our initial high hopes for the partnership and the enormous efforts exerted by our internal teams, we were unable to escape the inherent failures and limitations of Novator’s “Virtual Retailer” platform.

Fortunately, this ordeal has been a great learning experience for us, and with the experience we have gained we have initiated a new partnership with the leading E-commerce provider iCongo. They will be collaboratively responsible for designing, integrating, and implementing a brand new Big Al’s site from scratch. We look forward to building a long-term and stable relationship with the iCongo team that will enable us to continue to provide best-in-class pricing, products, and service to all of our online customers.

While we have already begun working with the iCongo team to “get the ball rolling”, the creation of a professional-caliber, fully functional E-Commerce website is a complicated and lengthy project that typically takes many months to complete. With that being said, we have decided to put up a temporary site that will remain in operation until the permanent iCongo site is complete. The temporary site will be hosted by Amazon, and will be 100% secure so you can continue to shop with absolute confidence and privacy. Visitors to www.bigalsonline.com and www.bigalsonline.ca will automatically be redirected to the Big Al’s Amazon webstore (location at www.bigalspets.com ).

Regrettably, the temporary site will not be integrated with Big Al’s VIP Membership accounts. We will however, be awarding TRIPLE POINTS - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on any purchases made through our temporary Amazon webstore (effective August 2), until our permanent site is ready for launch. In order to help us track and accumulate your VIP points during this time, customers must make purchases using the same e-mail address associated with their existing Big Al’s VIP Membership account. If a different e-mail account is used, we will be unable to track purchases and award VIP points. Upon launch of our permanent site, we will migrate all existing VIP Membership accounts, and any VIP points accumulated through our temporary site will be made available for redemption. In addition to the 24/7 TRIPLE POINTS, we will also be offering customers an additional 10% OFF purchases made for any inconvenience this situation may have caused (enter Coupon Code : BACKUP10 ). Last but not least we will be having a MEGA SALE that will offer considerable discounts on products in all categories.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this unfortunate series of events may have caused. We thank you in advance for your loyalty, patience, support, and understanding as we strive to push through this difficult time. We look forward with great anticipation to launching the NEW and IMPROVED Big Al’s Online in the very near future. In the meantime, we encourage you to take advantage of the TRIPLE POINTS, additional 10% OFF PROMO, and our upcoming MEGA SALE through the Big Al’s Amazon webstore. Lastly, the following is a short list of new features that you can look forward to as part of the NEW and IMPROVED Big Al’s Online – COMING SOON – We promise it will be worth the wait!

• PayPal

• Order History

• Predictive Search

• Address Verification

• Much More!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Very nice. It seems you guys got caught off guard with this and at the very least you are trying to do whatever you can to make it up to the customer. I design website and I can agree the complexity of this is going to be a huge task from the ground up and with a deadline of today, its going to be a challenge.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
02redz28
Algae Grower

Nice customer service oriented statement.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
zxc
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (17/100%)

Customer service was fantastic and ship out product fast.
There is lot less thing to sell now!!!
Chiller has gone.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxc View Post
Customer service was fantastic and ship out product fast.
There is lot less thing to sell now!!!
Chiller has gone.
We are still in the process of adding our massive inventory to the temporary Amazon web store. This is taking longer than we had hoped, but we should have every product we carry on the temp site by Monday.

Sorry for the delays, we are working as fast as we can for you guys!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
zxc
Planted Tank Obsessed

great to know. I have a lot diffrent thing need to buy,
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #7
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (116/100%)

Any word on when the massive sale will be?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
NStarr
Planted Member

Yeah, when is this "massive sale" going to take place? I'm ready to waste (as my friends and family call it) some money!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #9
dbosman@msu.edu
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

"The" sale seems to be all over the site.
I was looking for products, not a single sale link. Your mileage may vary.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
zxc
Planted Tank Obsessed

i have a difficulty to sign in at checkout. reset password link should sent to my register email? has not work for 3 days and try more than 20 times!! do you guy have a same problem or just me??
Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #11
dbosman@msu.edu
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Talking

Quote:
i have a difficulty to sign in at checkout. reset password link should sent to my register email? has not work for 3 days and try more than 20 times!! do you guy have a same problem or just me??
Well, your name did come up at the meeting...
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #12
zxc
Planted Tank Obsessed

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbosman@msu.edu View Post
Well, your name did come up at the meeting...

no surprise my name come up to meeting, due to my bad english
Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower

Quote:
You will not be able to log in to the temporary web store!
Simply make sure to use the same email address at checkout (without logging in) to ensure that you receive triple points on any orders placed on our back up web store. When the new website is launched, we will add these points to your original account with us.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
gordonrichards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (331/99%)
Send a message via Yahoo to gordonrichards

A+ prices on lighting. I picked up some of the last 48 inch normal output t5 coralife fixtures!
Hoping for a quick repair to your site!

-Gordon
Old 08-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
Gafi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

backup10 is not working for the canadian store...is it only the american store that the discount applies to?