Plants in the upstate - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > South Carolina

Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
kamikazi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

might be able to find some other options an hour up the road in Gastonia and Charlotte.
kamikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
DKRST
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjct92eh2 View Post
I have some amazon frogbit i could probably part with. how much do you need?
Any amount of frogbit to start with would be fantastic. Hopefully, I can grow additional from that! I have a planted 55, but have been having problems finding floating plants that appeal to me, other than pennywort and duckweed. I'm not overly fond of either pennywort or duckweed, actually. I'm not in any huge hurry. I'll be happy to work with your schedule.

I finally stopped in at Petworld in Boiling Springs this week. Nice, old-fashioned store that actually has individual tanks with isolated water. Not that recirculated, infection-spreading system used by most stores now. A little elevated on some items (shrimp $$, as mentioned), but if I need stuff and he's in shouting range of mail-order pricing, I'll use him! I did get an earful on the new healthcare law while I was browsing, but a nice guy.
DKRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #18
DKRST
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi View Post
might be able to find some other options an hour up the road in Gastonia and Charlotte.
Thanks, I had not thought about Gastonia. I tried Fintastic in Charlotte when I had to pick up someone from CLT airport. Neat store, some very cool, but slightly overpriced equipment. Fish prices were ok, not outstanding but they had a good variety of species. The staff I spoke with were not well-informed. No floating plants when I was there.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #19
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRST View Post
Any amount of frogbit to start with would be fantastic. Hopefully, I can grow additional from that! I have a planted 55, but have been having problems finding floating plants that appeal to me, other than pennywort and duckweed. I'm not overly fond of either pennywort or duckweed, actually. I'm not in any huge hurry. I'll be happy to work with your schedule.

I finally stopped in at Petworld in Boiling Springs this week. Nice, old-fashioned store that actually has individual tanks with isolated water. Not that recirculated, infection-spreading system used by most stores now. A little elevated on some items (shrimp $$, as mentioned), but if I need stuff and he's in shouting range of mail-order pricing, I'll use him! I did get an earful on the new healthcare law while I was browsing, but a nice guy.
I live in Greer and Work in Spartanburg (about 5 miles from Petworld), so we can either meet up or I'll send it to you for $6 to cover shipping. Let me know! Also, are you on SCAA yet?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
kamikazi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

honestly there aren't any good stores for plants anywhere. most sale the same old same old. there is a lfs in my town and one in hickory that will special order anything I want as long as their supplier has it. other option is going to fish club meetings and getting plants and trimmings from members.
kamikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
DKRST
Planted Member

Default Frogbit

Quote:
I live in Greer and Work in Spartanburg (about 5 miles from Petworld), so we can either meet up or I'll send it to you for $6 to cover shipping. Let me know! Also, are you on SCAA yet?
PM sent, thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #22
DKRST
Planted Member

Quote:
Also, are you on SCAA yet?
Tried to join, but keeps rejecting my "answer this question" answer. If you can, please let the SCAA forum admin know he/she needs to check the registration question.