I'll be distracted in Singapore for the summer...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Ahquatics.com

Old 06-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

I'll be distracted in Singapore for the summer...

Hi all! Unexpectedly I have landed a pretty awesome internship with MyCube a social media startup company based in Singapore so on Friday I'll be leaving the states for the first time to live in Singapore all summer (six weeks) so I won't have too much time to be on the forums (as if I've been on much at all recently...) and also will not be as responsive at all. I'll be able to have a few orders sent out but the delay may be a bit longer than normal.

With that said, if anyone has anything they think I should keep an eye out for let me know. I won't be bringing any flora or fauna back but other stuff may be fair game

Email may be the best way to contact me this summer. My email address is andrew@rumfordaquatics.com

Thanks for understanding, this fall should be pretty fun because I know I'll have a few new products for sure.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
mscichlid
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Congratulations! Sounds really exciting.

When you get the chance, please posts what goodies you find.
mscichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Lil' Swimz$
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Wow sweat! Sounds fun.

20g
Lil' Swimz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hill View Post
With that said, if anyone has anything they think I should keep an eye out for let me know.
-Andrew
yea the cops, dont do anything bad over there bc they will flog u. (i think its illegal to chew gum there)
Besides that Congrats!!!! and good luck out there, and be safe.
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)

Yes it is illegal to chew gum there. Singapore has a very high level of discipline.
jkan0228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
billb
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Hey Congratulations! That is a cool opportunity.

I haven't had much time in Singapore but I did go to the botanic gardens and can recommend this. Amazing orchids. Oh, and the food is wonderful.

Good luck!
billb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
A Hill
Sponsor

Actually, it is not illegal to chew gum in Singapore. It is a $3000 fine or something if you are caught spitting it on the ground.

I want to add I'm finally about to be settled here within the week and then I'll start some operations again.

Singapore is absolutely amazing, not perfect, but pretty close.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
BradH
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Congrats! That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. What are you majoring in, if you don't mind me asking?
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
Ben.
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Congrats! That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. What are you majoring in, if you don't mind me asking?
I think its business
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #10
WaveSurfer
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Welcome to our small but populated island! Glad you like it here so far. ^^

We do have quite a number of well known LFSes here, some under the blocks of flats while others in fish farms. Do check them out if you have the time. Enjoy your stay!
WaveSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #11
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
I think its business
It has started to become complicated as to what my major will actually turn out to be. I'm going to start consulting alongside my startups this fall hopefully if things go right. My focuses are entrepreneurship, web design, e-commerce, social media policy, UI, atomization and efficiency, and a few dozen other things at this rate. I plan to eventually be a visionary serial entrepreneur so I'm trying to tailor my degree to be able to relate and communicate to people through language, design, anything really. I'm about to go back to school and tell them I need to do something different and they won't be too happy but they'll deal. Technically, right now, my major is Business Management Entrepreneurship with a possible minor in Dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveSurfer View Post
Welcome to our small but populated island! Glad you like it here so far. ^^

We do have quite a number of well known LFSes here, some under the blocks of flats while others in fish farms. Do check them out if you have the time. Enjoy your stay!
I still need to get to see the good ones! Work has been insanely crazy busy and I leave the office around 11:30 each night... Not (really working working at that time but the time we leave it is that late) I need to fix my aquaticquotient account and get back on there soon (my username is "fish new")

See you later, from Singapore!
-Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	32885  

Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
the planter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

that crab looks deleicious how do you exactly get into this program?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the planter View Post
that crab looks deleicious how do you exactly get into this program?
To be quite honest you need to be an outlier and an amazing one at that. If you are, if all goes well the program will probably have another session soon and if you're under 26, and fit the exceptional requirement let me know. It sounds so pretentious and I really hate saying it, but am not sure how it can be phrased without the fact of it being a select group sounding pretentious.

Anyways, today I saw some moss I sent to Singapore 4 years ago, growing in an aquarium. Long story short I found Bioplast fish shop aka the moss store in Singapore and it is actually really really close to my hostel. Inside one of his tanks is a moss that I found that died on me that he said is extremely difficult as well. For anyone wondering, our hobby language truly is universal it took a bit of time at first but finally we really started talking and had a very long conversation about aquatic mosses. He has a few species not available in the states and was one of the first people to have many mosses. He also has the tiny ferns and says they are extremely difficult to grow and take YEARS and years to spread.

If you're wondering, no I didn't buy anything. I did learn quite a bit about his setup and plan to possibly create a similar system in the future.

I didn't take any photos today but will in the future,

-Andrew