Central Arkansas Shops
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Arkansas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
woodymdt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to woodymdt Send a message via Yahoo to woodymdt
Default Central Arkansas Shops

Well this by no means is an exhaustive monologue on the LFS shops in Central Arkansas, but just a tid bit on the ones that we have visited.

There is a place in Bryant named H2Ocean. They deal in both salt and freshwater setups, fish, equipment and advice. The people there have lots of opinions on setting up fresh and salt tanks, and are quite knowledgable about the stock they carry. Admittedly I haven't noticed much in the way of plants for freshwater, but our three or four trips there have been while we were setting up our salt tank, so didn't pay that much attention to the fresh stuff.

Just outside of the Little Rock/N. Little Rock area is a small community called Maumelle. In Maumelle there is a small part time shop called Northside Aquatics. This shop is run by hobbyists who all have full time jobs, so their shop is only open three evenings a week, and on Saturdays. They have a nice stock of salt stock and equipment, and they are getting more and more freshwater stock and equipment all the time. I have come to really like a couple guys there because they don't want to "just" sell some fish, they really care about what you're doing, and how you're doing it, and actually listen. We hadn't gone in there in a couple weeks and went by there Saturday, and one of the guys there asked me how our new chihuahua was doing. We'd only mentioned it in passing the last time we were there that we had adopted that dog.

In Jacksonville and Cabot there are two stores owned by a pretty nice family. The stores are called Safari Pets, and they deal in all pets stuff including fish. They don't have a huge stock, but they do carry a few things I haven't seen in some of the other stores.

So there ya go, a few places that we've frequented.

Oh BTW, if anyone is in or near Jacksonville, there is a place called the Pet Place...DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE go there...it's nasty, it should be closed down, and I don't know how those people operate a store without getting fined.
There, rant done.
woodymdt is offline   Reply With Quote