low tech aquarium/riparium
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
naturelady
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

low tech aquarium/riparium

Well, I have been extremely shy to show off pictures of my tank lately, because I decided that plants under water weren't enough, I needed some plants above the water, too! Those all grow at very different rates, however, so while some have flourished, others are just getting established (and lets not mention the 3 that didn't make it...)

However, the plants forced my hand into showing pictures, because the Zephyrantes rain lily decided to blossom (yay! pretty!) So, please forgive the thin and yellow plants above the water... the new growth is green, I promise, it was just a rough learning curve at the start. And many, many thanks to Devin at Riparium Supply for the inspiration, advice, wonderful equipment, excellent service, and all of the fabulous starting plants. Its not his fault I killed a few... (The African Violet cuttings were inspired by Hoppy. We shall see how they do...)

The first image shows the whole tank so you can see the general setup. Unfortunately, with the different lighting above and below water, I can't get the whole thing to show up on the camera. So, the second image shows the above-water plants, and the last shows the below-water plants.
Attached Images

naturelady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
feh
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Not enough? It doesn't have to be packed with plants. Looks nice... will look even better when the emersed plants fill in.
feh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
raqg35
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

I think it looks very nice!
raqg35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.