Just built a DIY LED Controller
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
O2surplus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default Just built a DIY LED Controller

Hey everybody,

I found plans for this neat little DIY led controller a while ago on another forum, so I modified it a bit and cranked out a couple of examples. It's based on the Arduino UNO micro-controller, so it shares a lot of the same hardware and is programmed using the Arduino IDE. This controller is set up to provide 4 PWM outputs that can be programmed to run independent of each other. Each channel can be set for different on/off times, led intensity, and fade duration. It features an onscreen menu and 4 input buttons for menu navigation. I built this particular version of the controller with 5 volt outputs only. since my custom built CAT4101 driver boards only require 5 volts to operate. I also used mostly SMD components for it's construction to save board space and to provide a challenge to myself, (I had to learn how to solder using hot air for this project) I'll probably produce another 10v version that will be directly compatible with the popular MeanWell ELN series led drivers since a few people have already asked for one. Here's a picture of the controller - Let me know what ya'll think. I can post the Board files, bill of materials, and the firmware, If anyone wants to create one of these for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1337.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	31543  

O2surplus is online now   Reply With Quote