Rolata Indica and E. Stellata - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 03-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #16
Anthony
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Mine have been planted for 2 weeks now and also aren't showing red. They are however turning a yellowish-white color on the uppersides of leaves, and purple on the undersides of leaves and stems as they grow taller. I also had 1 stem sprout out 7 baby stems!
Filstar pimp #53

How comes shoppings so stupid, looks at all this stuff I haves, what do I do's with it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #17
ThomE
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to ThomE Send a message via Yahoo to ThomE

My tank is 3.6 wpg. My rotala turns red. I keep mine thin out instead of a bushy look. Also, the closer it gets to the light the redder it gets. So I would think that maybe your rotala is too bushy and they are fighting for the light. But it's green from the roots to about 4-5 inches up.

My stellata turns red when I have a lot of micros in the tank. When it turns green, I know my micros are too low.
Monkey #2
ThomE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2005, 04:11 PM   #18
AaronT
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (197/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomE
My stellata turns red when I have a lot of micros in the tank. When it turns green, I know my micros are too low.
I'd be more inclined to say that it turns red when your nitrates and phosphates are limited. Those are the factors that generally determine the level of redness a plant exhibits.
AaronT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #19
Anthony
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Lets say you reduce your nitrates to around 5ppm. How long after that should a difference in coloration be noticable?
Filstar pimp #53

How comes shoppings so stupid, looks at all this stuff I haves, what do I do's with it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2005, 03:19 AM   #20
AaronT
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (197/100%)

Give it a week. If you don't see a difference than it is something else; most likely traces and iron are too low. The key is to mess with one parameter at a time so you can pinpoint the source of the problem.
AaronT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.